From DVD to Blue-ray

Topgun

Hello guys,

This is kind like a dumb question, but since I am not fimiliar with the subject, I may have to ask anyway.

How much does it cost to convert/trasfer a movie from 35mm, VHS, or DVD into Blue-ray?

Thanks millions

Topgun

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do you want to transfer VHS or DVD to bluray? what's the gain? and there's no fix cost anyone can tell you for this; you may even to do it with freeware. 35mm is quite expensive though, as you can actually transfer it in proper HD Resolution.

Yeah, out of those three options, 35MM is the only one that would be worth transfering to blu-ray as VHS and DVD are standard definition. But as for a price... I can't imagine it being cheap.

kungfusamurai

I don't know about the costs, but if you're going to do it, do it in an HD file format. I don't know what they use (mpeg?). It would probably be very very expensive, depending on how you do it and where you do it. If you do decide to pony up the cash, definitely get it done in as large of a file format as possible, so then you can go from there to do transfer it as Blu Ray, DVD, whatever.

KFS

Well, guys -- the reason I asked this question is because I wonder why Celestial Pictures doen't want to convert all of their titles previousely released in DVD into Blue-ray.

Thanks

Topgun:wink2:

thedirtytiger

Because it's not worth their while, but if somebody wants to pay them for an HD blu ray master then I am sure they would as long as you pay them enough....

Archived