Human Lanterns..

paimeifist

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I just watched this movie last night, and i must say i loved it.. :wink:

It was my third Sun Chung movie (other two are "Avenging Eagle", "Kung Fu Instructor") and i have loved every one of them, I think once again Sun Chung proves to be a great storyteller with his own visual style..

I just have to look for more of his movies.. if the others are as good, i may just have found me a new Shaw favorite director.

You should check out FISTFUL OF TALONS bro. It's directed by Sun Chung and stars Billy Chong. If you're not familiar with Chong, imagine a cross between Sonny Chiba and Jackie Chan. He's an Indonesian pop singer turned kung fu star. But this is no lightweight 1995-2010 Hong Kong pop star turned action star... this guy's got the goods! He's incredibly flexible and acrobatic, but also has really powerful looking, well rounded fighting skills. The finale of this one is pretty damn cool.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I saw Fistful of Talons three times. But did not know that Sun Chung directed it.

Will we ever see To Kill A Mastermind. Whats up with Celestial how could they be so stupid. A remake would be a big seller.

Oh well.

Thanks Kung Fu Bob.

GD Y-Y

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I saw Fistful of Talons three times. But did not know that Sun Chung directed it.

Will we ever see To Kill A Mastermind. Whats up with Celestial how could they be so stupid. A remake would be a big seller.

Oh well.

Thanks Kung Fu Bob.

GD Y-Y

Oh? Yeah, you can always tell one of his films by the tendency to include really long shots of the fights at some point.

I'm sure Skepparkrans will dig this when he sees it.

Very sad about TKAM! :squigglemouth:

Skepparkrans
You should check out FISTFUL OF TALONS bro. It's directed by Sun Chung and stars Billy Chong. If you're not familiar with Chong, imagine a cross between Sonny Chiba and Jackie Chan. He's an Indonesian pop singer turned kung fu star. But this is no lightweight 1995-2010 Hong Kong pop star turned action star... this guy's got the goods! He's incredibly flexible and acrobatic, but also has really powerful looking, well rounded fighting skills. The finale of this one is pretty damn cool.

Man, after your post i searched for that movie and it looks really interesting.

If i understand it right this is a Sun Chung movie after he left Shaw Borthers?

I cant however find any DVD release in any of my regular stores :sad:

Is there a decent print out there (preferably with original language), please give me a hint.

Billy Chong was new to me, but man, he does seems real talanted.

I loved this training sequence from Fistful of Talons!

6JZFer5HtX4

The Silver Fox

I have Fistful of Talons/Militant Eagle from Brooklyn Zu(Ground Zero) double feature. It is English dubbed but the print isn't too bad and certainly watchable. I'd say pick it up if you can. Militant Eagle is pretty good too.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Man, after your post i searched for that movie and it looks really interesting.

If i understand it right this is a Sun Chung movie after he left Shaw Borthers?

I cant however find any DVD release in any of my regular stores :sad:

Is there a decent print out there (preferably with original language), please give me a hint.

I hear a guy in Africa has a print he's not sharing.

Just kidding! :xd:

As The Silver Fox mentioned "Fistful of Talons/Militant Eagle from Brooklyn Zu(Ground Zero) double feature." this seems to be the only print of this around. I'm all about seeing my fu letterboxed and prefferably in it's original language, but despite my on-going search, I've never been able to find such a print for this title. Trust me it's still well worth seeing.

Yes, the film was made after Sun Chung left SB.

You can probably pick this up used from eBay or Amazon, but if you can't find a copy, send me a PM. :wink:

Billy Chong was new to me, but man, he does seems real talanted.

Well I'm happy to have let you know about him. He's got some other ass-kicking flicks too like SUPERPOWER and JADE CLAW (aka. CRYSTAL FIST). I'd be shocked if you don't become a big fan. :bigsmile:

Skepparkrans
I hear a guy in Africa has a print he's not sharing.

Im gonna send my squad of ninjas to steal that copy :xd:

anyway, to bad its not a better print around.. it suddenly moved a bit down on my "to-buy-list".

Thanks for the recommendation and info BOB. :wink:

Archived