Burger Cop/Don't Give A Damn DVD

Phoenix

I purchased this Sammo Hung flick released by Fortune 5 DVD because I got it for a really good price and I haven't seen it in years (I saw an okayish vhs version).

It's the vcd transferred to dvd but I'm guessing they authored it wrong because when I try and switch audio streams to the left or right speaker I still hear both Cantonese and Mandarin.

Is this disc basically unplayable or does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir
The problem being ?

The problem being that listening to 2 audio tracks at the same time is not a good movie watching experience.

This happens to me on a lot of VCDs. I press the menu button on my remote, go to the sound options, and switch the balance to left or right. It sounds like you already did that. If so I'm stumped.

The problem being that listening to 2 audio tracks at the same time is not a good movie watching experience.

This happens to me on a lot of VCDs. I press the menu button on my remote, go to the sound options, and switch the balance to left or right. It sounds like you already did that. If so I'm stumped.

Yes, I usually have no problem with vcds but I'm thinking they messed up the audio on this dvd. I vaguely remember a thread on this years ago where someone had a similar problem but I might be mistaken.

Was wondering if anyone else had this disc and whether they had figured out a solution to the problem.

EDIT-it was VLC player apparently that was causing the problem. I was trying to play it on my pc and even though I selected the mono option in VLC and switched to left or right speaker it was still playing both languages. Tried it in WinDVD player, altered the speaker balance and it seems to play ok.

Thank you for your reply.

Archived