The Lost Bladesman (2011)

DiP

Moderation Team

@DiP, @DrNgor, @Drunken Monk, and @paimeifist whether intentional or not, it seems you members are piling on to @JackieRome and that needs to stop. He has some strong opinions and they aren't all popular. It's understood that you would all prefer he explain his opinions in a comprehensive manner. That may make it clearer for everyone to understand his reasoning, but it is not a requirement when posting on this forum. @JackieRome has mentioned repeatedly that English is not his first language, and though you may not agree with or like his opinions, what he's saying is certainly clear enough to understand. Some of the responses to him here and in other threads have seemed condescending, aggressive and inconsiderate to his English-speaking abilities (which are much better than most of us can speak Italian). That's enough of that. If you ask respectfully for more clarity you will either get it or not. No one is obligated to make their posts exactly what everyone else wants them to be. Lets keep the peace and be respectful. Thank you. - The Moderation Team

Back to the topic.

34 minutes ago, Moderation Team said:

@DiP, @DrNgor, @Drunken Monk, and @paimeifist whether intentional or not, it seems you members are piling on to @JackieRome and that needs to stop. He has some strong opinions and they aren't all popular. It's understood that you would all prefer he explain his opinions in a comprehensive manner. That may make it clearer for everyone to understand his reasoning, but it is not a requirement when posting on this forum. @JackieRome has mentioned repeatedly that English is not his first language, and though you may not agree with or like his opinions, what he's saying is certainly clear enough to understand. Some of the responses to him here and in other threads have seemed condescending, aggressive and inconsiderate to his English-speaking abilities (which are much better than most of us can speak Italian). That's enough of that. If you ask respectfully for more clarity you will either get it or not. No one is obligated to make their posts exactly what everyone else wants them to be. Lets keep the peace and be respectful. Thank you. - The Moderation Team

Back to the topic.

thanks for the mercy:coveredlaugh. we clarified and everything is solved. I don't know if they will hate me more or less (I think the first) but, we are all good passionate guys. In any case, it is a shame to be considered trolls or not very communicative if you have unpleasant comments about a film. I understand that it may have happened because for the films that excite me the least I have more "practical" methods to comment on them, but this is due both to the language and because the merits for that film had already been widely said by those who appreciated it (therefore it is useless to say the defects that I have found, something that I would have done and will do in the future if asked to). Unfortunately I'm working on the language and I understand the incomprehension that can arise. I don't like being a victim and I will try not to be conditioned to try to comment in the most natural way possible and I won't change my mind about Venoms movies:coveredlaugh:coveredlaugh  (always hoping that someone will not be offended. If it happens, send me a private message that we talk about it so we don't bore others. Although I think they are having more fun than before;)) love, peace and kung fu.

Edited by JackieRome
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 6:17 AM, Iron_Leopard said:

The disrespect to "14 Blades" in this thread. I love that movie. Both these movies are visual treats, with great action, and great performances from Yen.

14 Blades ain't as a bad as I made it out to be in my post. It has great art direction and music, good action (whenever Kate Tsui and Wu Chun are not involved), and decent CGI for the most part. The most off-putting is the costume design, it's weird for a wu xia movie. Overall, It's enjoyable but a movie I wouldn't consider a favorite of mine.

• Like 3

I found this video on the analysis of Donnie's weapon choreography, and this movie is used as the main reference point along with Highlander: Endgame for discussion. The uploader must be @Eric Jacobus in disguise because his analysis game is equal. Great stuff!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2