Sonny Chiba's B-day today!!!!

KUNG FU BOB

• Administrator

On this day, January 23rd, 2010, Shinichi "Sonny" Chiba turns 71 years old! :bigsmile:

Thanks for all the awesome movies, intense acting, exciting karate scenes, and wonderful stunt, hand to hand/weapons action choreography you've provided for us for all these years Chiba-san. Hope you're having a healthy and happy birthday celebration. Now don't get too excited and rip any limbs off of any partygoers! :tongue:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for everything, Chiba-sama!

おたんじょうびうめでっとございます!

Happy birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ya, Chiba-San!!

Truly, a cinema icon - more power to you, and here's to many more movies to come!!

:bigsmile:

Oh yeah late too but happy birthday to the grandmasterbadass that is Chiba, I'm looking forward to some Shadow Warriors!

I just got season 1 and I'm loving every episode!! Even in 45 minute episodes few can match Chiba-san's entensity on screen. He also plays the bumbling bath house owner perfectly!! Talented cat we are watching here for sure. :xd:

• Administrator

A warrior in the snow... both primal elements in their own right, each one simultaneously cold and brutal, yet also serene and stunning. 77 years ago today (er... yesterday- January 23rd), the force of nature known worldwide as Shinichi "Sonny" Chiba was born. Here are some words of wisdom from him playing Shorinji Kenpo founder Doshin So in the karate cinema masterpiece THE KILLING MACHINE, 1975. Happy Birthday Chiba-san!!!

PDVD_1003.PNG

Late to the party myself(didn't get to the forum yesterday,but I DID post on Facebook),but a Very Happy 77th Birthday,Chiba-san!:monk_toasting:

For no particular reason, here's a picture of Chiba-San and... George Romero(!). I think this is from the Monsterpalooza con a couple years ago.

G Romero -S Chiba.jpg

Archived