Major sale on shaws over at Amazon?

Sandpalm79

Hey guys just wanted to give a heads up.. i went to Amazon and preordered FIve elemtal ninjas which ships tuesday next week and i also got five deadly venoms. then i started clicking around and i saw king boxer was only 2.49! new! and i picked up john woos hurrah something, heroes of the east and these were all 3-4 dollar new!! no idea why they were so cheap but wanted to let you guys know!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys just wanted to give a heads up.. i went to Amazon and preordered FIve elemtal ninjas which ships tuesday next week and i also got five deadly venoms. then i started clicking around and i saw king boxer was only 2.49! new! and i picked up john woos hurrah something, heroes of the east and these were all 3-4 dollar new!! no idea why they were so cheap but wanted to let you guys know!

Sounds more like a Dragon Dynasty sale... you mentioned "hurrah something" (Last Hurrah For Chivalry), which is actually a Golden Harvest film. And the SBs you mentioned are DDs. Not a bad thing, just an observation :tongue:

Kennedy Il Sung

This isn't really a sale, it's just third party sellers selling it for cheap on Amazon, Amazon is still selling those for $14-15.

This isn't really a sale, it's just third party sellers selling it for cheap on Amazon, Amazon is still selling those for $14-15.

oh right on.. well this is the way to go though! id much rather pay 6 dollars overall than 15 or 16 at best buy

Sounds more like a Dragon Dynasty sale... you mentioned "hurrah something" (Last Hurrah For Chivalry), which is actually a Golden Harvest film. And the SBs you mentioned are DDs. Not a bad thing, just an observation :tongue:

what ever Last Hurrah For Chivalry is a lot cheaper on Amazon.com than .co.uk its £25.39 on co.uk which is US$40.9109 & on .com its from its US$4.25 which is £2.63762

Guest Markgway

Marketplace on Amazon.com isn't much good for those outside the USA as postage is a minimum of about $12-13. So a $3 disc would be over $15 in total.

I'll be weary at buying DVDs from an unknown seller at that price. In my personal opinion, I think they're are bootleg.

I'll be weary at buying DVDs from an unknown seller at that price. In my personal opinion, I think they're are bootleg.

i really hope you arent correct!!! these sellers had 99% positive reviews...

grrrr.. i hope you were just taking a wild guess.. theres no reason that these would be bootlegs in my opinion.( i hope!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0010X741O/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

the first seller at the top there aokmovies 2. it says factory sealed and new. 99% positive rating. can anyone look at this and

1. Maybe reassure me this isnt a bootleg?

2. let me know how i can check to see if its a bootleg once i recieve it?!

This is all deadstock, I'm sure. Bought from stores that have gone belly up. I buy HKL DVD's from similar sellers in the UK all the time for 5 dollars CAN. The shipping is 5 bucks. Not a bad deal, IMO.

Sorry i got a little upset here.. so can someone ease my fears and also: if it says Dragon dynsaty and is sealed.. can it be a bootleg?!? or were you assuming for the price that it was a red sun etc..??

Did i buy bootlegs?!

This is all deadstock, I'm sure. Bought from stores that have gone belly up. I buy HKL DVD's from similar sellers in the UK all the time for 5 dollars CAN. The shipping is 5 bucks. Not a bad deal, IMO.

this sounds better! :-)

what is deadstock?

and does this mean i didnt buy bootlegs?

deadstock:

Old store item that is unused and never sold. Sometimes referred to as NOS (never off shelf). Often come with original packaging, tags, etc.. ...

You did not buy bootlegs.

It all depends on the seller.. I have been buying from certain 3rd party sellers for years off of amazon and never had any issues. Just read there feedback, that always helps.

Sorry i got a little upset here.. so can someone ease my fears and also: if it says Dragon dynsaty and is sealed.. can it be a bootleg?!? or were you assuming for the price that it was a red sun etc..??

Did i buy bootlegs?!

I have purchased quite a few times from aok, never had a single problem.

deadstock:

You did not buy bootlegs.

Not trying to be negative but there were, and still are, a lot of Red Sun bootlegs of those title on Amazon, honestly you won't know till they arive. I hope they are legit though.

Guest WuxiaFan

I'd also check the seller's return policy as most of the reputable sellers will take back an unopened DVD if it was not what you thought you were buying. Also, if I'm not mistaken, when you buy from a 3rd party seller on amazon, you get the same guarantees as amazon.com. So, if you get screwed with a bootleg and the seller won't take it back, you should be able to dispute it through amazon.

I've bought a fair amount of DVDs from 3rd party sellers on amazon they've been exactly as described. I haven't had any problems, but I always read the latest feedback and their return policy before buying. :nerd:

Ok so i got the first DVD ..it says on it RED SUN DYNASTY.. not a bootleg right? haha just kidding

this one came from "Black Ink" 3rd party. Came in two days. Sealed with the type of seal on the top of the dvd ( the one that is hard to remove) Has proof of purchase/ legit barcode blah blah..

So these are not bootlegs but thank you guys for the heads up!

P.S watching Bey Logan's interview on heroes of the East and this guy is amazing. So knowledgeable and passionate. I would have loved to have eaten Dinner with Him And Linn hayes R.I.P :-( I would be so humbled and learn so much!

vengeanceofhumanlanterns
Not trying to be negative but there were, and still are, a lot of Red Sun bootlegs of those title on Amazon, honestly you won't know till they arive. I hope they are legit though.

Yes you will know. Read product description and you'kk know exactly what your getting. I've ordered from amazon countless times. I think once or twice I got shafted by someone selling a product of mexico to me. Metallica ride The Lighting CD, in fact. Don't worry about the martial arts flicks. If the product description says Red Sun then that's what you got, otherwise not. Just read everything including reviews. Reviews are 'usually' very accurate.

Yes you will know. Read product description and you'kk know exactly what your getting. I've ordered from amazon countless times. I think once or twice I got shafted by someone selling a product of mexico to me. Metallica ride The Lighting CD, in fact. Don't worry about the martial arts flicks. If the product description says Red Sun then that's what you got, otherwise not. Just read everything including reviews. Reviews are 'usually' very accurate.

The problem with that is they don't always create a new entry for each new relelase, the will link the same set of reviews to multiple releases. Look at Five Venoms for example, plenty of "dont buy this bootleg" reviews but they linked all those to the Dragon Dynasty relese too.

Just ask the seller a question if you're unsure.

Sandpalm good to hear you got the DD Heroes of the East, great DVD:bigsmile:

The problem with that is they don't always create a new entry for each new relelase, the will link the same set of reviews to multiple releases. Look at Five Venoms for example, plenty of "dont buy this bootleg" reviews but they linked all those to the Dragon Dynasty relese too.

Just ask the seller a question if you're unsure.

Sandpalm good to hear you got the DD Heroes of the East, great DVD:bigsmile:

thanks man! im excited that i got it. watched bey logan's commentary last night and he is the best ..so knowledgable..

so heroes of the east on DD is generally considered the best dvd release ever of a shaw huh?

considering its from the hd master. got all the audio right. and all the extras? i may have to agree!

Archived