''Real '' Fights on film...

shukocarl

What's your favourite fight where the actors REALLY look as if they want to kick 7 colours of s**t out of each other?

One of my favourites is Jimmy Wang yu and Lung Fei at the climax of King of Boxer(aka Screaming Tiger/Ten Fingers of Steel)...christ, do they really go for it on land, moving train, railway bridge, waterfalls etc....

Another cracker is Chen Hsing and Yasuaki Kuarta in Tiger vs Dragon.

Personally I'd rather have fight scenes like that than those that a technically superb but no ''anger content''!

Carl:bigsmile:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

I'll go for -

Wang Yu vs Kurata at the end of 'Knight Errant'

Gordon Liu throughout '8 Diagram Pole Fighter'

Tony Jaa at the end of 'Ong Bak 2'

Johnny Yong Bosch for pretty much the whole running time of 'Broken Path'

I agree it definitely makes a difference when the actors show emotion in their fight scenes, it gives the fight a lot more impact.

Jumping Ash, when Chen Xing batters them 2 Dutch men, I swear its for real.

Heroic Fight, Chang Shan demolishes Dick Wei in 5 secs

Killer Meteor

According to legend, the big battle at the end of Enter The Dragon between Han's men and the prisoners WAS for real, between two rival gangs.

Well it's not a classic Kung Fu movie but Jackie v Benny in Wheels on Meals has some real hate in it. I remember reading years ago that Jackie was very annoyed as Benny kept actually hitting Jackie during the fight scenes. You only have to look at the slow motion punch Jackie connects with Benny's face to see he really smacked him one lol.

BlackLamaFaction

Cantonen Iron Kung Fu: Lueng Kar Lan and Wong Chung vs Philip Ko Fei. One of the baddest fights I've seen. Wong Chung and Ko Fei go at it for a good 15 minutes before Beardy even shows up. Then it gets even better.

Kung Fu of Eight Drunkards: After Meng Fei Dispenses with two pretty bad ass twins, he goes after a really pissed off Cheng Sing like a maniac, Sing is already a giant dude, but in this film looks like a WWF wrestler.

Sammo fighting Yasuaki Kurata in "Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars," while not filled with hate, does seem to imply that Sammo is loving beating the shit out of his opponent. So much so, that is looks real.

kungfusamurai

I don't have any specific films to mention, but I think that style of fighting seemed to be most prevalent in the 'basher' genre, chop sockey flicks from the early 70s. Mainly because of Bruce Lee's influence on realism. When they started getting into Shaolin forms, the 'real' fighting was more like a dance, although Lau Kar Leung's flicks can be pretty brutal (see 8 Diagram Pole Fighter).

KFS

Morgoth Bauglir

Cassanova Wong vs Michael Chan in Ninja Holacaust

Lau Kar Leung with a bat in A Bloody Fight

Dick Wei vs Jackie Chan- all of their fights

Chin Siu Ho vs Billy Chow in Blonde Fury

Charles Heung vs Jin Fu Wan in Big Massacre

Larry Lee vs Yukio Sumeno in The Thunder Kick

Final fight in Hard Times

Final fight in Swordsman with an Umbrella, because of the super realistic slow mo. :bigsmile:

Also a lot of well known fights like Jet vs Billy Chow in Fist of Legend, Dopnnie Yen vs Colin Chou in Flash Point and Jackie vs Whang in Sik in The Young Master.

odioustrident

Killers Nocturne is really intense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YseUXE61ow

Hong Kong Godfathers is way up there with the hate as well. Can't wait for the proper DVD release.

Young Vagabond reminds me of Thundering Mantis in its finale, where the insane hero beats a more collected villain by just going nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7FLYs6K4Fc

I guess thats a pretty common theme in kung fu films, but I love it.

Sylvester Stallone versus Antonio Tarver in Rocky Balboa.

"... It ain't over 'til it's over!"...

Well, for all our and sequels sakes, hopefully, it's over!

:xd:

TibetanWhiteCrane
"... It ain't over 'til it's over!"...

Well, for all our and sequels sakes, hopefully, it's over!

:xd:

It was over after part IV, as far as im concerned!

Gangland Odyssey chan wei man fight in the room, that was pure hate the other guy kicks through a tv in that fight, and mercernies from hong kong that bloke tried to creep up on chan wei man in the bathroom he sure payed for doing that, and anything with james nam that is a man with major issues.

Archived