The original Ong Bak on blu-ray... next month?!

OldPangYau

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true. I got an email from their promo company a couple of days ago. You can pre-order it at some different sites, including Amazon.

The Blu-Ray and DVD of Ong Bak 2 have an "alternate cut" according to the press release. I'm thinking that this is the longer version screened at a couple of film festivals.

It's true. I got an email from their promo company a couple of days ago. You can pre-order it at some different sites, including Amazon.

The Blu-Ray and DVD of Ong Bak 2 have an "alternate cut" according to the press release. I'm thinking that this is the longer version screened at a couple of film festivals.

Well, aside from the possible "HOH" subtitle situation for Ong-Bak, I hope Fox uses a proper MPEG-4 codec and not an MPEG-2 codec. Fox has had this problem a lot with catalog titles, at least older ones. The original Predator and Commando are two examples. Okay, I'm starting to sound picky, but I'd like this to be as decent a release as possible... despite being only the Besson/Europa cut.

As for Ong-Bak 2, I am curious about this "alternate cut". Wonder if it's been released anywhere else.

It's the horrible Besson cut!?

In that case: thanks but no thanks. I'd rather eat the raw testicles of an STD infected monkey.

Seconded. It'll be a cold day in hell before I buy that.

I'm at work, so I can't access my personal email acocunt with the press release, but I believe both versions of Ong Bak 2 are on the disc. It isn't just the Besson/alternate cut.

I'm at work, so I can't access my personal email acocunt with the press release, but I believe both versions of Ong Bak 2 are on the disc. It isn't just the Besson/alternate cut.

Before people start getting REALLY confused, let me lay this out:

ONG-BAK:

-Released by 20th Century Fox

-Contains Luc Besson "International" Cut only

ONG-BAK 2:

-Released by Magnolia Pictures

-Contains original Thai cut and "alternate cut"

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm at work and my bluray is at home can someone confirm that this Ong Bak is the original thai version with the soundtrack everybody is jizzing over??? Do I have the Besson cut???

Guest Yi-Long
Will OB 2 be the much fabled 113 minute cut that nobody has seen ?

Why would they give the fans what they want? We haven't even gotten a proper Ong-Bak release yet. Not to mention proper Fist of Legend or Drunken Master 2 releases.

OpiumKungFuCracker

If we hold one of these guys hostage, would dvd distributors gives us want they want??

Guest Yi-Long
If we hold one of these guys hostage, would dvd distributors gives us want they want??

We should do to them what they are doing to these movies: Rape them, cut them up and butcher them.

... although I don't mean literal rape, cause that would just be gay...

I do mean literal cutting and butchering.

We should do to them what they are doing to these movies: Rape them, cut them up and butcher them.

... although I don't mean literal rape, cause that would just be gay...

I do mean literal cutting and butchering.

Lol, that got a laugh outta me.

I just noticed the thread posting date and as I don't live in the US, am I correct in saying the OB2 blu-ray has been released but without the 113 minute cut ?

Archived