Stephen Chow's Next Film...Official!

AlbertV

Stephen Chow has officially announced his next project. It will NOT be Kung Fu Hustle 2, or Shaolin Soccer 2.

It will in fact be King of Comedy 2, the sequel to his 1999 film that launched the career of Mrs. Nicholas Tse herself, Cecilia Cheung. He made the announcement last month and recently, over 200 people auditioned for roles in the film. Here's the link to the full story

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/706368-king-of-comedy-ii-recruitment-day-attracted-over-200-potential-stars/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic as he's used "not liking doing sequels" (paraphrased) as one of the hinderances to making KFH2...then this :|

I think this is great news. King of Comedy was one of my favourite Chow movies, plus I'm tired of him doing big special effects movies. I'm glad he's going back to making smaller-scale comedies such as this; maybe now we'll more from him instead of waiting 4 years for each movie.

I was hoping for KFH2, mysefl. KUNG FU HUSTLEwas a kung fu comedy masterpiece! :yociexp115:

HEAR HEAR!! :yociexp86: One of my all time fav movies.

Guest ekisha

King Of Comedy is one of the Chow movies i don't like at all, so for me it's not good news.

KF Hustle 2 would make it.

Chow is also planning a reboot of his 1993 period comedy Hail the Judge and according to Hong Kong media, he may be reuniting with his Shaolin Soccer co-star Vicki Zhao, who is due to give birth to her first child this summer, with Chow planning to shoot the new film at the end of the year.

Archived