Question About Shaw VHS

Blood Sword

Were they ever released in HK on vhs?

I started to collect asian cinema movies some years after started to walk:angel: and remember had several hong kong tapes from companies like golden cinema city(one friend then said mostly they were for rental only but video rent stores sold them if price was right),golden harvest,likely tai seng ocean shores and others too...

I liked Shaws then and had contacts in HK from whom I got tapes.But I`m quite sure I never got hold of Shaw tape made over there...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reel Power Stunts

Ocean Shores released a few latter day Shaws on VHS and laserdisk. Titles included "Holy Flame of the Martial World", "Ghosts Galore", "I'll Finally Knock you down Dad", "Crazy Shaolin Disciples" and "Fast Fingers". They were pan & scan, and the tapes had strong macrovision. As with the vast majority of HK releases, these were generally intended for rental, but Ocean Shores would sell them directly (& ship overseas).

In the late 90's ex - rental vhs tapes were quite easy to acquire in HK (for around HK$20), so some people got them that way.

Reel Power Stunts

You're welcome. Also, if memory serves me correctly, I think you can add "Descendant of the Sun" to that list.

I remember few years ago when saw clip of "I`l finally knock you down dad" wondering what was source and you cleared that

Archived