Sooo... is the Deadly Duo blu-ray still coming out?

OldPangYau

Well, the blu-ray of The Deadly Duo is supposed to be coming out tomorrow, and I decided to pre-order it from deepdiscount.com after the success I recently had with the blu-ray of Opium and the Kung Fu Master. However, a day or so after I did that, the listing for the blu-ray disappeared! Meanwhile, all other online stores are still showing it. According to DD, it's being "backordered". Meanwhile, I also pre-ordered Five Element Ninjas, which apparently will still be on the way next week. That's good at least.

Anyway, if anyone else has pre-ordered this or finds this in any stores (most likely FYE), give me a heads up! I want more Shaws on blu-ray, damn it! :tongue:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It got pushed back to April 27th but who knows if it will actually make it. I haven't seen a Media Blasters Blu-Ray make it on it's first release date yet. It took months for Death Trance to make it out, and I've been waiting on Ichi the Killer since last summer.

The Kid with the Golden Arm DVD was also rescheduled for April 27th, and I have more faith in that one making it's release date.

It got pushed back to April 27th but who knows if it will actually make it. I haven't seen a Media Blasters Blu-Ray make it on it's first release date yet. It took months for Death Trance to make it out, and I've been waiting on Ichi the Killer since last summer.

The Kid with the Golden Arm DVD was also rescheduled for April 27th, and I have more faith in that one making it's release date.

God

damn

it.

:sad:

Where did you get this info from anyway? It would make sense for them to release these the same day, as opposed to one on one week and one on another week. Basically like how they were going to with DD and Five Element Ninjas this week and next week.

Those are the dates listed at The Right Stuf. Media Blasters solicited their April releases just the other day, and I noticed the dates on those two had changed. The Right Stuf is pretty good on street dates from companies that release anime (MB, Funimation etc.)

Those are the dates listed at The Right Stuf. Media Blasters solicited their April releases just the other day, and I noticed the dates on those two had changed. The Right Stuf is pretty good on street dates from companies that release anime (MB, Funimation etc.)

Oh yeahhhhh... I forgot Right Stuf was an official online shop for Media Blasters merchandise. Guess it only makes sense for them to have date change info first. Thanks for the heads up.

Here is an "official" announcement of the delay:

http://www.mania.com/media-blasters-delays-several-titles_article_119964.html

Media Blasters + street dates = :laluot_08:

Jeebus... they didn't even mention the original delays for Five Element Ninjas (I think that was supposed to come out last October) and Kid With The Golden Arm (originally December).

Killer Meteor

It always makes me uncomfortable when these things are delayed, because I don't trust any cult dvd company these days to be around in 2 months time!

It always makes me uncomfortable when these things are delayed, because I don't trust any cult dvd company these days to be around in 2 months time!

Good point, but Media Blasters has been around for a while now. But then again, I guess anything can happen.

Archived