Hong Kong Godfather (Funimation)

clayk

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, that was fast. Just a month after Shaolin Handlock and 14 Amazons. Wonder if there's another release to coincide with it.

EDIT: Wait, just checked... their re-release of Opium and the Kung Fu Master will be coming out the same day. Guess it makes sense since it was shown alongside the other three releases in the Funimation Hong Kong Connection trailer. I noticed that Life Gamble is also first on the "scrolling list" near the end of the trailer, so that'll probably be another release after Hong Kong Godfather and OATKFM.

Until then, I checked on Amazon, and EVERY movie in that "scrolling list" is up for pre-order (without release dates) on Amazon, all the same price of about $14. Wonder if they'll be doing this every month, or if they're just moving fast since one of the April releases is a re-release. Probably means Life Gamble and Lady Hermit will come out in May. Maybe.

Damn, that was fast. Just a month after Shaolin Handlock and 14 Amazons. Wonder if there's another release to coincide with it.

I only saw the Opium DVD on that same day so far with what was listed on Amazon.

Shaolin Patriot

I would hope that Invincible Shaolin would follow HK Godfather and Opium, especially since it is pretty dominant in the trailer.

I haven't seen the film, only the ending (!) However, seeing that clip beautifully remastered and in 2:35:1 looked weird!

I look forward to these releases!

I haven't seen the film, only the ending (!) However, seeing that clip beautifully remastered and in 2:35:1 looked weird!

I look forward to these releases!

You're not alone, I didn't even release it was HKG when I first saw the remastered footage!

If the funimation release of OATKFM is the same as the Bci release. I won't see any point in buying it. I'm pretty much satisfied with both my standard DVD and Blu-Ray, but depending on what kind of extras they put on the disc... might change my overall opinion.

The Running Man

It's more important if they re-do the subtitles on them than adding more extras really as BCI dropped the ball on that with their first and only two DVD releases despite promising otherwise. If Funimation do that, I'll re-buy the DVDs.

As far as the new titles, I hope they also re-do the subs on them.

Yes, absolutely.

Extras are fine, anymore would be great, but it's not the main concern because from owning the 'Opium' disc, they also need to fix the video glitch (it goes white for a second) and I'd like to see the film-based extras de-interlaced.

For 'Life Gamble' (I don't own it), the transfer seems to be a little cropped in comparison to other versions. Perhaps the same would apply to 'Opium' too and I'd ask them to just watch out for that - preferably avoiding those black bars at the sides which seem to be a reminder of where cropped information used to be generally on transfers.

• Administrator
Is there any unarmed combat in HK Godfather or just knife fights?

:nerd:

I think, if I remember correctly, there's crazy unarmed brawling too. Not 100%. I only saw it once.

I think, if I remember correctly, there's crazy unarmed brawling too. Not 100%. I only saw it once.

Sounds good,I need to pick this:smile:

Archived