Please Help Me Remember The Name Of This Movie!

Guest amm91

I saw my first Kung Fu movie in 1989 during a small international film festival -- It was one of the best and funniest movies I have ever seen, but I can't remember the name of it, nor have my web searches been successful. Please help!

It was subtitled, and I think it was in black & white. I thought the name had 'drunken' and 'monkey' in the title. It was very funny, but with amazing fight scenes. It might have involved a trio of heros?

The only scene I explicitly remember involved someone dressed in ?black & white stripes, zipping down around a fireman's pole and then furiously puffing on his cigar as he watched the fight -- this was actually very funny, I just can't describe it well.

Does this ring any bells!?!! Thank you! Anne

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

I don't know why it would be in black and white, but it does sound a lot like Dragon's Forever. Espcecially the guy puffing on his cigar.

Thank you!!!!! I think you are right - I always remembered it as a Jackie Chan movie, but after renting all the ones I could get my hands on, I still hadn't identified the movie so I thought I was wrong. As for being black & white, I am probably confusing with another movie I saw during the festival. I was just looking at a description of Dragon's Forever that comments on flicking a briefcase around and that also vaguely rings a bell. I can't wait to buy a used copy and see if this is it!!! I am so excited! I will let you know, Thanks! Anne

Dragons forever is it! I found this picture, this is the guy who slides down a staircase (which I thought was a fireman's pole) puffing a cigar. Thanks!:rollin ywah24.jpg

Guest Chinatown Kid

This guy (Yuen Wah) plays a similar weasal-type character in the film Eastern Condors starring Sammo Hung, if you haven't seen it you might want to check it out too.

Archived