Have anyone seen, This Man Is Dangerous?

ching li

Have anyone seen, This Man Is Dangerous, directed by Wang Lung Wei? I see it was on the list of celestials that didn't get released and it seems like a rare one. Thanks guys for any synposis provided.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard to give you a good synops as the copy I have is in Chinese (with Korean subs). Looks to be standard crime fare similar to Johnny's other works with some comedy thrown in (mainly by the two leads mentioned next).

Chin Siu Ho and Cheung Chin Pang are roomies and they get a job working for the police. They're not cops and I really couldn't figure out what they did there. There is a funny scene where they think Lam Fai Wong is a felon of sorts and they treat him like crap until Beardy (sporting no beard) informs them he is their supervisor. So LFW gives the two roomies their first assignment - fingerprinting corpses at a morgue.

Anyhow, from what I recall, Lo Mang doesn't show up until halfway through the film sporting a Miami Vice wardrobe. He appears to be a cop as well while Johnny is head of some gang. Forget how it ends. Like I said it was hard to follow due to the lack of English subs. Fight sequences were nothing special.

Sorry I can't be more detailed.

Thanks so much, Teako170. I see there is a copy of this movie available at fareastflix.com, I might give it a shot.

Here is the Synopsis and some info as well as the first 5 official pictures/stills of this movie ID 185004 (A-E):

SYNOPSIS

Cheng Tzu-hao (Chien Hsiao-hao) and Kao Ying-wei (Chang Chan-peng), both wooing the same girl Ah Tzu (Li Yen-shen), are transferred to the same Action Squad to help crack a number of robberies committed by a notorious robber/killer Ku Lung (Wang Lung-wei) from Shantung. They inadvertently offend their immediate superior Beast King (Lin Hui-huang), and land themselves in a tight spot.

Ku has been selling loots to underworld leader Chin Lao Pa (Chang Chuan). In exchange for his co-operation and help, Ku snatches a batch of police guns from Sergeant Philip Chen (Kao Fei) and his colleagues, and uses them to gun down a group of Chin’s rival Vietnamese businessman. While trying to obtain a clue from his taxi dancer friend, Philip is bumped off by Ku.

Ku plan another big hold-up and seeks Chin’s help. Chin double-crossed Ku, and Ku finds his house surrounded by the police. Ku craftily escapes with his men and only his brother (Yin Hsing Lin) is killed. After finishing off Chin and his men, Ku takes Cheng hostage and leads his men back to his base. He madly guns down those who try to betray him and takes Cheng to the spot where his brother was killed. Kao comes to the rescue and is trapped and killed. After inflicting heavy casualties on the police, Ku succumbs to his wound.

PS: Also stars LO MENG… and LIANG CHIA YEN aka. BEARDY…

Pictures & Poster:

testcs.jpg

Appreciate the better synop, Mah. Makes a little more sense now.

One thing I found amusing was in the beginning credits... The two roommates are getting ready for work and there was a poster or cutout of Bruce Lee in his GOD tracksuit on the wall. Granted, Bruce had been dead for some time when this film was made but I just found it funny that a Shaw film was promoting a GH star.

Would make a good trivia question though..... "In which Shaw film did Bruce Lee make a cameo appearance?" :wink:

What is a beardy?
Beardy's that dude who came along just after the basher era & had a debut under Pops's choreo before getting deep into shapes.

This film was a big let down, considering the cast and director, and that fantastic poster, I was expecting HK godfather x 10 but it was not so,

Archived