Valley of the Wolves: IRAQ

daisho2004

Has anyone seen this movie "Valley of the Wolves": IRAQ? If so how is it?

The film starts with a real incident that received almost no press in the United States, but which apparently was a major scandal in Turkey: a group of American soldiers search a Turkish military outpost, and put hoods on the heads of the Turkish soldiers. (Because this one brief scene supposedly really happened, the filmmakers have claimed that the entire film is "based on a true story," when in fact the rest of the film is pure fiction.)

A trio of Turkish secret agents then go to Iraq to avenge their nation's honor by hunting down and killing the American commander who ordered the raid. This mysterious American, played by Billy Zane, is identified in the press materials and in various reviews as a "CIA officer," but in fact the film never really clarifies who or what he is. Zane plays him as a comic-book super-villain, 110% pure evil, manipulating or randomly killing people whenever it serves his purpose. And -- naturally -- he's a born-again Christian who prays to Jesus for success with his demonic plans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvN8DuLiPm0

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reminder. I was looking for this movie a while back. It wasn't on Netflix at the time when I was looking. Still wish to see this one...

A friend saw this while living in Korea. Said it was anti-semitic propaganda for the Taliban. Now before you gripe about my conservative leanings, this friend is a hardcore liberal who didn't support the Iraq War and is a big Mikey Moore fan. So it must really be a piece of pro-Islamofascist crap.

I always try to avoid making any propaganda comments when possible when I watch a movie, but sometimes it is what it is! And I like to go in watching a movie with an opened mind. But I still want to see this movie.

Archived