Heroes of Shaolin Part 2?

Omni Dragon

i have 2 versions this film with Chen Sing, 1 that was released in the UK by Hollywood East & a US 1 released by MillCreekEnt but the US 1 comes in 2 parts & the UK 1 in a whole film i was just wondering was the film in ment to be in 2 parts or if MillCreek were pushing to get 50 film in the boxset by spliting 1 into 2. i think its most likely 1 just making sure.

part1

VX39OShGY_A

part 2

pEMVoUNFpcY

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai

Millscreek took it from Treeline, which was the original company that put out that 50 movie set on DVD. I never understood why they split it in two. The VCD from HK, which I think is either Ocean Shores or Mei Ah, is just one movie, but split into two halves because one film doesn't fit on a full VCD. I'm not sure if that's where Treeline sourced it from.

KFS

milcreek & treeline are both credited there about 319mins on that dvd that could be a reason. would the HK VCD really be English dub & English Credits? but like could have it was a 2 parter from that?

kungfusamurai

Maybe using the VCD was a bad example. It was a mandarin audio without subs. The version on the DVD set is full screen english dubbed. I don't recall it being 3 hours in total. I'll dig it out and confirm the running time. But as far as I know, they're just two halves of the same 90min film.

KFS

Morgoth Bauglir

They must have used a version that was edited for TV. Maybe the TV station had an hour time slot open and had to split the movie into 2 parts.

Archived