speaking of Wei Pai...

Guest sevenhooks

Guest sevenhooks

I noticed Bey Logan talking about him on the Young Master commentary and he mentions that his last film to date was a role in John Woo's Hard Boiled.

Don't quite remember him in it.

Anyone care to point out his scene(s)?

Guess that would make 3 Venoms in the film.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170

Poor Wei Pai. He never gets no love. :(

He's in the scene where Anthony Wong gets his Mercedes all gift wrapped in newspaper. Here's a snap:

weipai.jpg

EDIT 1/23/12: Posted this snap back in 2007. Five years later, I have to say that this in probably not Wei Pai as I and many originally suspected but instead the TVB/ATV actor, Gilbert Lam Wai Sun

Guest VenomsFan

13 years later! That's him alright. Looks like he is eating good. Go Wei Pai!

Forget the Lo Meng award, let's rally to get Wei Pai one!

:b

Guest Chinatown Kid

I almost thought it could be Wei's son because he looks rather young with that baby face, I thought he would look older than that.

Guest VenomsFan

What is Wei Pai's birthdate? Even if you say he was 20-25 when FDV came out in 1978, then in Hard Boiled (1992), Wei Pai would be 34-39 years old. That's more than possible!

** Note - Chow Yun Fat is 37 years old in this picture **

Guest Chinatown Kid

No, Sun Chien does! :b Aw hell, they all do, Poison Clan Rocks The World! :D

Yeah Venoms Fan, I guess Wei Pei was still quite young when Hard Boiled came out so guess it's him. He almost looks younger to me(although pudgier) in that HB pic than he did in 5DV, might be those thick ass and pointed eyebrows they made on him in Venoms that made him look older than he was.

Guest jmungus
Hell no! He's a terrible actor. Let's give Lu Feng one instead!

lets ignore the fact that none of em was particularly good an actor for a second, i`d give lu feng all kinds of awards but most definiticiously NOT for his acting chops; or did i miss his role playing a terracotta warrior fallin in love with the 53rd reincarnation of a princess his creator slash drudge to the emperor once fooled around with ?!? :b

kind of like a hulk thing we`d have gotten going there.

Guest wizard12220

Have to check out the cast list at the end of Hard Boiled.

It looked like him, but I remembered saw him looked fatter (not slim like in the picture) in a TV series at the same era. The series also feature Sun Chien.

Killer Meteor
lets ignore the fact that none of em was particularly good an actor for a second, i`d give lu feng all kinds of awards but most definiticiously NOT for his acting chops; or did i miss his role playing a terracotta warrior fallin in love with the 53rd reincarnation of a princess his creator slash drudge to the emperor once fooled around with ?!? :b

kind of like a hulk thing we`d have gotten going there.

Actually, Lu Feng did win an acting award!

What is Wei Pai's birthdate? Even if you say he was 20-25 when FDV came out in 1978, then in Hard Boiled (1992), Wei Pai would be 34-39 years old. That's more than possible!

** Note - Chow Yun Fat is 37 years old in this picture **

According to most sites, Wei was born in 1957 so in 1992 he would have been 35. Still a young man. He is listed in several sites as having a brief appearance in Hard Boiled.

Co-sign on that TWC.

I edited the photo I posted back in 2007 in which I too thought this was WP.

Now I have to go with Gilbert. There's a few threads about this which discuss further:

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2902&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8683

Wei Pai was not in Hard Boiled. Gilbert Lam is mistaken for Wei Pai.

Archived