Can anyone help me remember this movie?

selfinflikted

selfinflikted

Hi everyone, I am new here but I don't know where else to turn. I am looking for a classic kung fu movie, however, I cannot remember the name of it and it's driving me crazy! I'm not certain that it's even a popular or well known film, either. Unfortunately, I can't remember any specific actors in it, but I do remember bits and pieces of the plot. This is what I remember:

There's a central character who's either after a "secret kung fu" book, or trying to protect the book (in retrospect, I seem to remember the book maybe being kept secretly in a cave?). If I remember correctly, the book teaches the "animal styles" of kung fu (crane, tiger, etc). Along the way, the central character meets 4 or 5 individuals who each know one of the animal styles. If memory serves, the fighters are known in the movie as only "Number One" and "Number Two" (through to Four or Five)... I don't recall them ever being called by name, just by number. The central character learns the different animal techniques from each of the Number Characters throughout the movie, so that in the end, he can defeat the enemies and protect the book.

Specifically, I remember a scene where the Number Character is teaching the central character the "Crane" technique, and tells him that the Crane is best used for escape, and then the "Number" character teaches him how to jump/fly really high. They are in a forest training, and they jump/fly up into the trees (obviously on wires).

If ANYONE has at least a slight hint as to what movie this could be, I would be greatly appreciative to know! I have been thinking about this film for years (I am 30 now, and saw it first when I was 10 or so.. but I must've rented it a dozen times from the video store in the 80's). I know my synopsis isn't much to go on, but hopefully one of you guys will know! Thanks in advance!

-Mike

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm....at first i wanted 2 say Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin...but i dont think thats it

i was thinking the same

selfinflikted

Yes, I do not think that is it, but thanks for the suggestion :). Curse my memory for not remembering more about this film! It's driving me crazy! I wish I could remember more than just the "crane training sequence." I just remember that, after learning the crane technique the central character was trying to defeat a guy who used the "snake style", and when he couldn't beat him and realized that he himself was going to get beaten, he struck a funny little crane pose, then jumped WAY away, and ran.

Kinda of sounded like Snake Crane Secret with Meng Fei to me also....

Don't think it's Treasure of Bruce Le, although that does have a great fight of Bruce Le vs a gang of midgets in it. :xd:

Archived