Massacre Survivor for £2000

falkor

kungfusamurai

Why not just stick with the aspect ratio in the clip that you posted earlier in the thread from youtube? That looked right.

KFS

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The webpage is up!

http://www.rarekungfumovies.com/MassacreSurvivor.html

We need somebody to design a cover! If anyone would like to have a go then please PM me. The one we judge best will be mass printed by the 8th! Ideally, we would like any designs in by 5th March.

Coooool.....does that mean that we get to have Tony Hart styleee 'HartBeat' gallery on your webpage too? :wink:

Heh heh, I look forward to seeing what is put in. There are some talented folks out there. JAMAL's releases have seen some really cool stuff.

As I was bored, I decided to throw something together (very) quickly to get the ball rolling!!! ;-)

mscover.jpg

Guest Markgway

I like the way you used the original title fonts.

Poster art on the front would be cool.

I'm sure the language will be Mandarin though, not Cantonese.

Also a synopsis on the back gives a professional vibe.

cover looks great wigsplitta,when falkor send me all the information that i need for the cover,we will start to disigh the cover art,like markgway says we will used the orginal chinese poster as the front .

Cheers

That sounds cool chaps. Original poster art always makes a nice cover.

Seeing some of your other covers JAMAL, I have every faith in you knocking up some cool ass cover! :bigsmile:

MANY THANKS TO MY GOOD FRIEND YAN WU LIANG AKA GOLDENSWALLOW,WHO DISIGH THIS 2 COVER ART FOR MASSACRE SURVIVOR.

YOU ARE THE DON MY FRIEND !!!:bigsmile:

TO ALL FANS AND COLLECTOR,PLEASE LET ME NO IF YOU LIKE THE COVER FOR THE DVD REALESES MASSACRE SURVIVOR ?

COVER ART 1 :

massacresurvivor1custom.jpg]massacresurvivor1custom.jpg

COVER ART 2 :

massacresurvivor2custom.jpg]massacresurvivor2custom.jpg

Yang Wu Liang

No problem Jamal. :tongue:

I 're-designed' the poster in option one because the original poster won't clean up to an acceptable printing standard (although you can't really tell on those small versions above)

Guest Markgway

They're both very good designs. Better than most "professional" jobs.

I've a slight preference for #2: This is because the sketch of the fighter with the fan is quite cool and the chinese writing is clearer. One thing you might want to do is 'fix' Shih Szu's arm. There's an odd gap that makes it appear as though her wrist has been cut off. lol. I'm sure that can be done in paint or some such program.

Either choice is top grade IMO.

• Administrator
No problem Jamal. :tongue:

I 're-designed' the poster in option one because the original poster won't clean up to an acceptable printing standard (although you can't really tell on those small versions above)

Beautiful work as usual brother! One thing though- where's your GS logo? This contribution to the MS project certainly deserves to have your "signature" on it. :bigsmile:

I think #1 is the cooler of the two designs.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
Beautiful work as usual brother! One thing though- where's your GS logo? This contribution to the MS project certainly deserves to have your "signature" on it. :bigsmile:

I think #1 is the cooler of the two designs.

I agree, any work of art deserves a signifier of those responsible! The first is a fantastic clean up job, as ever, and has to be the sensible choice based on image quality.

MANY THANKS TO JAMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we can now have a photo gallery included on the DVD--Pan & Zoom--again thanks to JAMAL!

My contribution's in, but I have a question (and a comment). First, I didn't see any place to make a comment (for PAL/NTSC) on the paypal page. Second, is there any way to get both versions? Could I give an extra 10 Pounds or something?

My contribution's in, but I have a question (and a comment). First, I didn't see any place to make a comment (for PAL/NTSC) on the paypal page. Second, is there any way to get both versions? Could I give an extra 10 Pounds or something?

I've sent you a PM! Apologies for not making that clear. I'll send you another PM with my personal email address; feel free to drop me a message anytime.

Thanks so far to all contributors who have sent a payment; we are off to a good start, so that's a relief! Just need to build on the foundations to secure the penthouse; still a long way to go. Remember: if it doesn't work out you will get refunded by the 10th.

thundered mantis

Mmmm, I thought we were gonna wait till March the 1st to be sending payments? Anyway, as I´ve seen people have begun, I´ve sent mine also. Hope this encourages people to join! :xd:

Many thanks! If successful, packages will be sent out in the following order:

1) Asia

2) USA + 1 day

3) Europe + 1 day

4) UK + 2 days

It would be ideal if you distinguished gentlemen all get the movie roughly on the same day. Adonis is looking forward to co-ordinating the shipping. Even if the deal falls through and we get refunded, you guys deserve the utmost respect! This is unprecedented in the history of Kung Fu fandom. A few years ago, I dreamed of becoming rich and offering Toby 5K for Massacre. I have the lobby card and poster pinned up my wall. Fortunately, Toby has provided a realistic opportunity for us to own this. Big Boss II would be nice to have, but compared to Massacre it's a complete minor IMO! :bigsmile: It's way too early to be celebrating yet, but how on earth has Massacre stayed out of reach for so long? It's baffling... even if we don't reach the mark, we know we've given it a bloody good shot, and you guys seem to be keeping to your word. Even if I have to refund everyone, you will always have my respect. Besides Snake and Crane, I've been told we've got so much to look forward to... How many years have I been posting on KFC and it's former Fandom incarnation? I swear this is the best moment. I don't know what is causing more of an adrenaline rush: Shih Szu's Crane or this gamble we are taking! :bigsmile: Panic has just set in... we have to reach the mark.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Good luck to you all with this gig.

I hope it will be available for some of the poorer KFC folks down the road.

There are so many PERFECT kung fu movies would you not all agree.

Thats what makes this genre and their fans so faithful as we have ALL seen SO MANY perfect MOVIES.

That is what was so profound to me about the kung fu movie experience,,,,, was the many wonderful movies, especially in the early days, that hit the mark.

May 'Massacre Survival' be in the PERFECT category!

I appreciate useguys enthusiasm.

Good Luck,

GD Y-Y

How about an update? It might keep the momentum going. Besides, the closer we get to the goal, the more likely it is any fence-sitters will jump in. If they know current (daily?) status.

No, one else has chimed in, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been more since thundered mantis. Which would mean we're roughly 1/4 or 1/5 of the way to the goal?

Archived