Massacre Survivor for £2000

falkor

Geesh this topic was getting shoved way down the section list. Anything new to mention Falkor? The deadline is getting closer and closer.

Btw... are we at 16 or 17 people? Haven't seen the list updated to include ZinemaHK (or did this person back out)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forget...can I use paypal to send 100 Pounds or do I need to go to someplace like xe.com to do a currency conversion and then send that value?

Also, could there be any other possible payment options besides paypal, because, well, paypal isn't particularly trustworthy (just convenient).

Looks like Falkor's gone AWOL...

Hes been online a few times recently... You can check his online status under his profile. Would be nice if he did an updated the list of people and also how things are going with this venture.

I forget...can I use paypal to send 100 Pounds or do I need to go to someplace like xe.com to do a currency conversion and then send that value?

Also, could there be any other possible payment options besides paypal, because, well, paypal isn't particularly trustworthy (just convenient).

Cash via carrier pigeon? :wink:

Jokin of course, but it would be cool to have other possibilities. As long as goods are received within 30 days then paypal seems to be pretty good. But, I've never had any greivances with buying/selling so I'm not fully clued up on that.

DeathFuMaster
Cash via carrier pigeon? :wink:

Jokin of course, but it would be cool to have other possibilities. As long as goods are received within 30 days then paypal seems to be pretty good. But, I've never had any greivances with buying/selling so I'm not fully clued up on that.

Paypal automatically converts to whatever you want to pay in....or it least it does when I order stuff from UK websites.

Not long now guys! Just to remind you in case you forgot:

Too all fans and collectors interested in supporting this cause and being the first to own one of the most sought after Kung Fu Movies since it's initial showings in the theatres, in 1979:

-We are going with Deal 2: contributions of £100 from--ideally--20 people (including myself) to try to raise £2000 for Massacre Survivor.

-We will be working to a tight 7 day schedule/time-frame between receiving payments and shipping the movie (Toby has agreed on this).

01-Mar-2010: Begin receiving £100 contributions towards Massacre Survivor (PayPal address will be posted on this date)

05-Mar-2010 to 07-Mar-2010: Meet with Toby to exchange funds for the movie.

08-Mar-2010: Mail out DVD-R copies to contributors by registered mail.

*If we don't receive enough contributions--or the deal falls through due to unforseen circumstances--contributors will be refunded in full by 10-Mar-2010 as part of PayPal buyer protection.

*contact address: rarekfm@hotmail.com

Guest Markgway

If you don't receive enough contributions by March 1st why not extend the deadline a bit until some new investors come along? Does there have to be a deadline? It's not like any rights are gonna expire.

Killer Meteor
If you don't receive enough contributions by March 1st why not extend the deadline a bit until some new investors come along? Does there have to be a deadline? It's not like any rights are gonna expire.

Well you know, Falkor has to feel big somehow

If you've got a moving deadline it'll just encourage fence sitting. By March 1st, it will have been not quite 2 months since this was announced. If anyone's still undecided, they weren't going to buy in, in the first place. There may be other reasons we're not privy to, also.

If you've got a moving deadline it'll just encourage fence sitting. By March 1st, it will have been not quite 2 months since this was announced. If anyone's still undecided, they weren't going to buy in, in the first place. There may be other reasons we're not privy to, also.

I agree with you there. The more time people are given, the more people just start fannying about.......yes.......no........maybe........err, run out of money now it's taken so long to sort out!!!!!

2 Months is plenty of time to give people a chance to see what is up for grabs and to make a decision. Most members of forums tend to login at least once every two months. Or am I mistaken? :wink:

Come 1st of March, it will be now or never! Providing all 16/17 contributors come through I don't mind paying a bit extra for the shipping and looking to find the 1-2 extra contributors from some contacts I know. However, if we only get 10-14, we will probably have to say good-bye to Massacre.

As I mentioned earlier, I feel this is a very special event in the history of the Kung Fu collectors scene. Contrary to Toby's negative thoughts in the first instance, the amount of interest in Massacre has certainly proved him wrong and myself also. For those 17 looking to support such a great cause in a timely manner and a somewhat shapes emergency, you have no idea how much respect I have for you guys and some of the positivity now coming from Toby. Obviously, being based in different countries, we will not realistically be able to meet up for dinner after successfully saving Massacre, but I would still like to get to know each and every one of you, personally. Currently, I do not have any Kung Fu acquaintances added to my Facebook, only family and personal friends. Whether many of you bother with Facebook I do not know. However, being the first to own Massacre, I would want to celebrate this special event by inviting you guys to be my first Kung Fu friends on Facebook! We will be able to really get to know each other and discuss Rares any time of day! As I have most of your email addresses now, I will be in contact 1st March to discuss this further and exchange contact details. When Toby first announced this offer, I opted for the £250 deal because I didn't think there would be 17 genuine fans/collectors out there, so I am very proud of the success and potential demonstrated by this topic. This will easily be the best thing to happen during my 16 years of collecting. With only a short period remaining, we just need to follow our commitment through to the end. I don't mind having to pay out extra to ship Massacre to each and everyone of you. As long as you make the effort then so will I. We can be the first to watch Massacre and the first to discuss it. I look forward to extending my hand in friendship, and if there's anything I can do for you in the future, just give us a shout.

16 = £125

17 = £117.65

We're gonna need a few to drop out now before it gets to the point where no-one's willing to pay up (fingers crossed)

I'm still cool with however it goes. I've bought enough really cheap Kung Fu movies at boot sales, swamp meets, charity shops, bargain bins and e-bay to more than warrant spending the extra money on this movie.

It's not exactly a 'bargain' as they say, but it's definitley better than having it sit on one persons bookshelf, being watched by one person, once every ten years.

I'm really looking forward to watching it, and I'm pretty sure everyone else is too.

Nice cover (or poster), but...I don't get the point. Unless the cover for Massacre Survivor will be patterned after it.

Oh, and we've already had the 'if we're a bit short' discussion earlier (pg 5 or 6 or something) in the thread.

Toby said he captured full-frame anamorphic and just sent 3 screenshots; he wants to know how much to squash the height, in order to avoid a distorted image. Our judgement is needed!

EDIT: click for original size

sss1.jpg

sss2.jpg

sss3.jpg

I think maybe something like this (+or- 10 to 20 pixels)?

sss4.jpg

We need to get these screenshots sent back to Toby within a couple of days to avoid any delays! Please edit the height of the screenshots and post what you think looks acceptable.

BTW, this is the first time I've seen the subs! I recognise the scene in the 2nd screenshot from one of the stills...

Guest Markgway

Your adjusted cap measures out at 2.33:1. I'm sure that would be fine. Does anyone even know what widescreen process was used?

Here's a cap I've adjusted to 2.40:1 (which I believe is the standard Panavision ratio).

Massacre240.jpg

I'm not an expert so take it under advisement.

note that the Splice Line at shot change points should be matted - if it is NOT Matted, the movie is to be smaller than 2.35

Mate, there will be no matting, as Toby said he captured everything to get maximum image information. Therefore, you are right, the aspect ratio should not be exactly 2.35:1.

Your adjusted cap measures out at 2.33:1.

I think everyone in my resize looks slightly too skinny still. Can you please email me your screenshot or use sendspace.com or something, as photobucket or this forum has downsized it or you didn't click for original size.

TBH - i'm happy with just about anything close to the average 2.35:1 ratio as I've got so many rubbish stretched films that I always use my tv to stretch or compress the image to what I feel is the best ration in my own opinion.

I've just put the first screen into 2.35:1, 2.40:1 and 2.45:1 and they all look ok to me. I'd probably go for the 2.45:1 of the pics that i've captured, but then that's just me doing a crude photoshop adjustment.

It'll be pretty tricky to get everyone to agree on the exact ratio adjustment needed.

As long as it doesn't look like a 4:3 movie stretched into fullscreen on a widescreen telly or vice versa, then i'm cool!

2.35:1

36402993.jpg

2.40:1

71255157.jpg

2.45:1

56389068.jpg

thundered mantis

Uhhh whatever is fine to me. Falkor, I hate to be a pest, but you haven´t updated the list with zinemahk, which said twice he wanted to contribute.

The webpage is up!

http://www.rarekungfumovies.com/MassacreSurvivor.html

We need somebody to design a cover! If anyone would like to have a go then please PM me. The one we judge best will be mass printed by the 8th! Ideally, we would like any designs in by 5th March.

Are you ready for Massacre Surivor??? That is the question! :xd:

80-04-24 Odeon Cinema Streatham.jpg

80-04-24 Odeon Cinema Streatham

Archived