Massacre Survivor for £2000

falkor

Guest Markgway

The good thing is if this project goes ahead it will keep a very rare film alive for future generations. There will be TWENTY copies out there. And soon enough 20 will multiply. Thus the film will be saved forever. That's what 'we' all want isn't it? If successful perhaps the notion will extend even to other similarly rare films.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good words Chindog.. well said my friend.

Toby has definitely benefited the genre.. anyone who disputes that dosnt really understand all he has done..

Also agree with too much fighting and bickering amongst the fans.. thats why I too kinda faded away these last few years.

Many fans unfortunately seem to have the mentality that they are better than others and also look down upon others if they happen to have some rares. My friend PollyPolly said how fans of other movie genres, if they have a rare movie, and they find another fan who wants to see it, for the love of the genre and knowing someone really wants to watch it, would send them the movie for FREE or to cover p & p.

Not knocking Toby though, the man spend some serious time traveling the world and hunting down the movies, and if it wasnt for him, many classics would have been lost forever, or the only versions available would be some 7th generation crappy copies. For him to part with the reels for Massacre Survivor for £2000 is a bargain in my opinion. Especially since it would cost fans only £100 to get their own copy. Would be better if more fans went in on the deal and the price was lowered.

Anyway, hope the deal goes well for all the fans taking part.

Please remember to post some reviews of the movie after you have seen it!!

Ninja Sinai

ironfistedmonk

£2000 is a lot of money for a dvd-r, but Toby must have put some real effort into tracking down the reels so fair play to him for trying to recoup some of the considerable outlay he must have spent over the years tracking down these movies. I couldn't justify spending 100 quid on one movie personally but good luck to you guys willing to fork out, I hope the movie turns out to be a classic.

For me, this is an excellent opportunity to help preserve a bit of the genre that I love.

The amount of money involved is, I think, perfectly reasonable here.

Some would argue about that, of course, and I do understand, but Toby is a businessman and we can't expect him to release this out of the goodness of his heart.

His many contributions to the genre have been well documented on here so I won't repeat them -suffice it to say, we all now have a chance to do our bit, too.

Is this move unprecedented in fandom?

A set of lobby cards (cardboard photographs) is worth more than £100! To see this animated with sound would be something else...

lb1.jpg

lb2.jpg

lb3.jpg

lb4.jpg

lb5.jpg

Check out this Shaolin training on the poles with a depiction of the Crane in the background:

poles1.jpg

poles2.jpg

poles3.jpg

Check out the stances and backdrops!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

In the hopes that when this project is done that those who get this will be kind and trade or sell to the little people who still had the enthusiasm for this project but not the big bucks to invest.

Has ANYONE on this forum actually seen this flick?

Good luck,

GD Y-Y

Massacre Survivor - Synopsis 2

"I saw a rare kung-fu film called "from the massacre, one survivor" back in 1982 and haven't been able to see or find the film since. It's a crane film where a young lady has her father and family massacred at the beginning of the film but she manages to escape the massacre and then manages to persuade the monks of a shaolin temple to teach her Kung-fu. The crane sword, the double-daggers and crane sparring on the logs are taught before she goes out of the temple to seek her revenge. In the film she saves a prince while gearing up to take her revenge and then because of her act attains the princes bodyguard to help her quest for revenge"

I am not so familiar with indie kung-fu flicks,my knowledge outside shaws is too limited..and did not know about massacre survivor before this topic:angel:...

But storyline not too bad and pictures reveal this might be really great.I am willing to contribute 100£ for this release.

FOR THIS PROJECT FALKOR,I CAN HELP YOU WITH THE FULL SET OF LOBBYCARDS FROM Massacre Survivor,MAYBE YOU CAN PUT THEME AS STILLS BONUS IN THIS DVD,THAT WILL BE GREAT FOR US FANS !!

ALSO I CAN ASK THE UNTOUCHABLE yang wu liang aka goldenswallow TO DISIGH A COVER ART FOR THIS PROJECT,HE IS THE DON !!

HERE ARE SAMPLE COVER OF THE PROJECT HE DISIGH FOR ME:

coverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpgw1161.png]coverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpgw1161.png

Morgoth Bauglir

This isn't lke 6 Directions of Boxing where I buy it for the Yuen clan only to see a crappy movie? Also, is this only for people in the Uk to contribute, or is somebody going to mention how many American dollars 100 pounds is?

This isn't lke 6 Directions of Boxing where I buy it for the Yuen clan only to see a crappy movie? Also, is this only for people in the Uk to contribute, or is somebody going to mention how many American dollars 100 pounds is?

At current exchange rates your looking at around 160usd. Its a lot of money in either currency and I'll reassert that the more that invest the lower the outlay

Also, is this only for people in the Uk to contribute, or is somebody going to mention how many American dollars 100 pounds is?

HAZ already did on page 2. Or try XE - Universal Currency Converter.

Onto other biz.. if £100 is too rich for anyone's blood and they want to go in halves (or even thirds) with me, PM me for my proposal.

Well it's a chance we (the ones who are chipping in) must take. Never can tell how any movie will be unless you see it for yourself. I might think its fanfreakingtastic, but other might find it totally crapola.

thundered mantis

I´ve finished notifying my trade contacts about the deal, hope any of them jumps in!

I must say I´m a bit surprised we haven´t reached the 20 goal, given that there´s three months till payment. That means saving just 33 pounds for month. That´s the price of 2 usual DVDs on the UK! For Massacre Survivor, the last unveiled shapefest classic! Chills on the spine right now :bigsmile:

And that would be 10 (if I've counted correctly). Halfway home. Hopefully there won't be any drop-outs out the last minute (for whatever reason).

Archived