Massacre Survivor for £2000

falkor

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find that very strange, because I was wondering if anyone here has bought the actual 35mm film from whoever started this thread or for them, is it still going? Or did everything turn on it's backside unfortunately?

The 35mm film is probably still in the hands of the original owner. All contributors got a dvdr of the film; the actual 35mm was never up for grabs. That's the way I remember it, anyway! I've got the boxed dvd, with cover, on my shelf now.

damn, but why was that? wasnt that the point of raising £2000 for this? Did the original owner back out or something?

Is the film that rare (which I believe it is)?

I think the original line was that the owner of the reels had acquired a lot of stuff at great expense on travels to the Far East. No-one else on the regular circuit had a copy of this, so when the chance came to own a copy (not the original reels), some people took the plunge. The original offer was that copies of the film would be distributed to people if they could raise a certain sum to allow the owner to recoup some of the expense of sourcing this film. The owner of the reels was true to his word. Personally, I couldn't give a toss whether or not the reels were involved, I just wanted a decent copy of a rare film.

The film is a genuine rare (or at least was) and hadn't been seen for about 30 years. It was originally to be released on the rarescope label, but that's now discontinued.

damn, but why was that? wasnt that the point of raising £2000 for this? Did the original owner back out or something?

Is the film that rare (which I believe it is)?

The 35mm reels were never part of the deal.

kungfusamurai

Although this was sold as though if nobody bought it, it might be lost forever. I think Falkor already had it in hand before he even posted the thread. He should have just said "I'm willing to sell 20 copies at 100GBP each, but I will only do it if I have 20 definite buyers". And we don't know how much he marked up the price. He'll never tell. If I was going to pay that kind of price, I would have preferred it be a High Def file. I think it was only a single layer, 4GB image.

Did he ever get his hands on Shaolin Vs Lama widescreen? I haven't seen that one floating around on DVDR yet.

KFS

Although this was sold as though if nobody bought it, it might be lost forever. I think Falkor already had it in hand before he even posted the thread. He should have just said "I'm willing to sell 20 copies at 100GBP each, but I will only do it if I have 20 definite buyers". And we don't know how much he marked up the price. He'll never tell. If I was going to pay that kind of price, I would have preferred it be a High Def file. I think it was only a single layer, 4GB image.

Did he ever get his hands on Shaolin Vs Lama widescreen? I haven't seen that one floating around on DVDR yet.

KFS

What was always interesting to me was that he put it on his to-watch list (labelled 'dog print'), but then said, 'Oh, if I ever get it, I'll watch it', or something close to that.

Then an offer to 'save' the film came up.

Guest Markgway

Toby Russell would know. I can't see him being happy if Falkor was using his name to make phoney demands for extra cash.

Not that I am aware of. There was a showing of it at Bethnal Green one afternoon a few months ago that I'm gutted I missed. I imagine that it would have been played from a DVD via projector, but that is only an assumption. One thing i'm sure of is that it is an excellent film and one that i'd really love to see in widescreen one day. Just a shame that I haven't got a spare grand to buy it! :wink:

this movie poped up at one the download movie sites i frequent if anyone is interested p.m

cause i don't want to break any rules here...if mods don't like this post please deleted it

thanks

Archived