For those who are still looking for the blu-ray of Opium and the Kung Fu Master...

OldPangYau

Deepdiscount.com still has it new for $14.79, free shipping. I ordered it Sunday, and it got here today. Not bad for free shipping :wink: Basically, I wanted to start my SB blu-ray collection, and when I finally decided to order a copy of OATKFM on Amazon, it was out of stock, and a used copy cost I think over $30... now you can't even find a new or used copy at Amazon's marketplace.

But, DD has it still (and the DVD of Life Gamble... which is probably a moot point now thanks to Funimation), and here's the link:

Opium and the Kung Fu Master blu-ray at Deep Discount

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm about to pop it in!

EDIT: Just checked it out... I hope The Deadly Duo and 36th Chamber of Shaolin look as good in their upgrades! I watched part of the movie, which looked amazing to begin with, and then I watched the standard definition Celestial trailer... BIG difference. I know the year difference might play a factor as well (1984), especially when compared to Deadly Duo, but the change from SD to HD was bigger than I expected. Plus, I didn't even know this had a Cantonese track in addition to the Mandarin and English tracks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've stated this in other threads, but if people who have Region B/C players want to buy this title, it will work if you press top menu on your remote (or PS3).

Huh, didn't think it was actually region coded. Anyway, after seeing this, it makes me sad that we're not getting more blu-rays from the SB films. Who knows if Funimation will do it. Hell, they could at least release the unused Life Gamble discs... then again, I don't even know if they went to pressing.

I've seen BR discs of Life Gamble advertised on (I think) ioffer. I doubt they were legitimate.

Probably not. To really rub fate in our faces, the booklet for OATKFM on the inside of the case said "Now Available: Life Gamble" and showed both the DVD and blu-ray cases. I still don't know why the Life Gamble blu-ray didn't make it out, while the DVD did, and BOTH the DVD and blu-ray of OATKFM made it. Funny thing is, Shaolin Handlock and 14 Amazons were the two shown that were supposed to be released next.

I ordered my copy from deepdiscount back in December. I haven't watched it yet, but I did browsed through it and it looks astounding. I plan on picking up the Sister Street Fighter 1 & 2 and Killing Machine/Shogun's Ninja Blu-ray next.

I wonder if Funimation will improve on these, so depending on whether you want to secure a copy, maybe hold off?

I wonder if Funimation will improve on these, so depending on whether you want to secure a copy, maybe hold off?

I wanted to secure a copy :tongue: In all honesty, with my luck, I would've waited to see if Funimation released a blu-ray of OATKFM, then it would've been a no show, then I wouldn't be able to find the BCI blu-ray anymore... and for under $15 for a new copy with free (quick) shipping, I couldn't pass it up!

Archived