Japanese Unsubbed Treasures!

HAZ

Since its Shiomi material, I think you could definitely sell 25-30 copies if you advertise outside this forum. Avmaniacs and Cinehound have people who would love to see these films subbed. Pretty sure there are other forums, probably focusing on female-centric Japanese films/tv, that would be good to advertise on as well.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Haz, I'm dying to watch these subbed! :tongue:

I don't have a subtitle color preference. I just want to see them now. :angel:

How about if you just make a couple of threads: "Buyers for 13 STEPS MAKI" and "Buyers for GREAT CHASE". Set a price, like around $8.00-$12.00 bucks would be fair and would recoup your out-of-pocket cost, and give us a PayPal address to send the money. Then list the names of people that pay for copies, updating the list as more people pay. Once you reach 25 people (or whatever you need to get your translating investment cost back) you can send out the copies. There will be a clear cut goal, and we'll all know how close or far away we are from the goal. Like: Ah... we need 5 more buyers or whatever. Hell, I provided the raws to you, and I still don't mind paying for copies! If you put something like this into effect, please sign me up as the first contributor and I'll pay you ASAP. It's nothing like MASSACRE SURVIVOR where it was a huge sum of money. You hooked up movies that were never hooked up with subs before, and clearly... THEY'RE WORTH PUTTING OUT A FEW DOOLLARS FOR! :bigsmile:

I don't care if 13 STEPS isn't remastered or whatever- it's a cool freaking Sue Shihomi movie! I know people will love it. And THE GREAT CHASE is lots of fun too with plenty of karate action. Whatever you are going to decide, please do it soon as this geek is quite anxious to see these after the long wait/build-up. :wink:

Glad to hear the 2 Etsuko Shihomi DVDs are (or soon will be) ready, Haz. :bigsmile: You can definitely put me on the list of people who'll be buying copies of both films. White subs or yellow subs is fine. And as long as the DVD-R media is reliable, I'm fine with that too.

The MAIN thing is getting copies of these 2 newly-subtitled gems as soon as possible!!! :tongue::bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Alright! The 13 Steps Maki is ready to go! I'm going to start to take pledges for Maki's release now. I'm going to set a minimum contribution of 13 dollars for Maki with a goal of raising 325.00 USD. Your 13 bucks will get you a subtitled copy of 13 Steps Maki with postage included to anywhere in the world. I need 30 contributors. Please post your interest in this thread. If we get 25 pledges, I will start accepting payments on Oct 1 to Oct 10. If there's enough interest and the target gets reached, I will mail out all of the copies on Tuesday October 12. The subs for Maki look great. I'm pretty satisfied & I'm picky! Copies will be burned to high quality Verbatim media & will be tested before shipping. All inquires can be posted in this thread or to my email shinsengumidvd@gmail.com. I will keep an ongoing & updated list in this thread of all contributors. Thanks!

Contributors:

1) One Armed Boxer

2) Jamal

3) Whirlwind

4) Venomsfreak

5) Bigrogie

6) Prinnysquad

7) KungfuBob

8) Rock_Bottom

9) venom10463

10) Karlos

11) Gaijin84

12) Metalhero

13) PollyPolly

14) Shawn J

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=3537

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=3534

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=3535

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=3536

This look's like an excellent job Haz! I always wanted to see this but I hardly ever watch films unsubbed so put me down for a copy.

Cheers!

Please check out my thread about The Great Chase in the marketplace forums if you're interested in seeing it with english subs!!

BlackLamaFaction

I would.love to see all the Toei yakuza flicks from the 70's subbed. All the Noboru Ando, Bunta Sugawara,and that crew's films. After seeing Violent Streets, Street Mobster, and the Tales Without Honor series I was hooked.

Kanto Street Peddlers

Karajishi Keitsatsu

Bloodstained Clan Honor

Outlaw Killers

Yakuza Burial

None of these have subbed versions. I know there are a lot more, but i would really love to see these 5. I know Home Vision Entertainment has put out a few like Sympathy for the Underdog, and Graveyard of Honor but it's tragic more of these films aren't subbed.

I would.love to see all the Toei yakuza flicks from the 70's subbed. All the Noboru Ando, Bunta Sugawara,and that crew's films. After seeing Violent Streets, Street Mobster, and the Tales Without Honor series I was hooked.

Kanto Street Peddlers

Karajishi Keitsatsu

Bloodstained Clan Honor

Outlaw Killers

Yakuza Burial

None of these have subbed versions. I know there are a lot more, but i would really love to see these 5. I know Home Vision Entertainment has put out a few like Sympathy for the Underdog, and Graveyard of Honor but it's tragic more of these films aren't subbed.

Is Yakuza Burial different from Yakuza Graveyard?

Thanks!

h

Kanto Street Peddlers

Karajishi Keitsatsu

Bloodstained Clan Honor

Outlaw Killers

Yakuza Burial

Is Bloodstained Clan Honour anything to do with Blood Soaked Gang Crest?

BlackLamaFaction

Thanks for the info Haz.... Yakuza Burial and Yakuza Graveyard are the same film. Is there a subbed version of that anywhere?

As for your question Kaleyboy I don't know if the two films are related. I'm not familar with Blood Soaked Gang Crest.

2q3rm2b.jpg

This is the DVD cover for Blood Stained Clan Honor

Thanks for the info Haz.... Yakuza Burial and Yakuza Graveyard are the same film. Is there a subbed version of that anywhere?

As for your question Kaleyboy I don't know if the two films are related. I'm not familar with Blood Soaked Gang Crest.

2q3rm2b.jpg

This is the DVD cover for Blood Stained Clan Honor

Yes, that is subbed in R1 by Kino video. Outlaw Killers was subbed by kurtokagi.

Archived