Japanese Unsubbed Treasures!

HAZ

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAJIZZARIZZA
How you getting along, HAZ? Was my advice any good to you?

are any of these dvds completed yet ?

i would love to own a few.:tongue::cry::smile:

Hello! This is the first time that I post in this forum, and I'm glad there are people who are doing the subtitles for 13 Steps of Maki and Great Chase.

I'm brazilian and a big fan of Etsuko Shihomi. So, I've translated the subs of the four movies of Sister Street Fighter, Dragon Princess, and other classics of JAC. And some subs were made by you, cause I recognized some names on this forum who credits the original subtitles.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! And these translations have made a lot of new fans of Shihomi, Chiba and the other JAC members, especially in Brazil, where these movies were never released officially.

Cheers!

Hi Guys!

Just to let you know, I have finished two DVD's. I want to watch them with the translator to make sure I got the timings right, and then we're good to go!

• Administrator

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

You made my day Bro!!!! :nerd:

How did you finally get past that timing issue? Did all the tech help from Kaleyboy, Wigsplitta and others help? Or was there a different problem you had to tackle?

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Dito! That just made my day too! :tongue: Really great news, HAZ! :smile: Be sure to let us know how we can get copies of these 2 newly-subbed Etsuko flicks!

I also got subs for another rare Chiba flim, and a weird Katsu movie. Got two others after that on the way. The timing issue was finally resolved after a lot of work.

Hi!

I think I'll be putting two out this month. I'm trying to figure out how to do this so that I can recoup costs. I might try something like Massacre Survivor, where I try to raise X amount to put it out. Or maybe something like 13 bucks a copy for 13 steps Maki, including postage, but I would have to sell a min of 25 or 30 copies to put it out. I just don't want to lose money on the translation, which has cost me a few hundred dollars for the films I have done.

Why not set up a donation system through paypal, maybe advertise it both here and say ADC. Then, when the $200 is raised or however much is needed to cover costs, you could then upload to ADC for everyone to get? If the amount isn't raised, then those who've donated could easilly be refunded and you could then try another method.

Why not set up a donation system through paypal, maybe advertise it both here and say ADC. Then, when the $200 is raised or however much is needed to cover costs, you could then upload to ADC for everyone to get? If the amount isn't raised, then those who've donated could easilly be refunded and you could then try another method.

That's a pretty nice idea, only that I know many people here that have never used a torrent site. Also, I don't know if people will want to pay for something that a bunch of others will be getting for free. I have one project that I will be uploading for free on ADC, as a way of giving something cool back to that community. That project will not be made for sale; it will be a straight to torrent release.

About these kinds of projects - I was wondering what people prefer? Yellow subs, white subs or an option for both? Do you care what kind of media the DVD is burned to or will you just re-burn it to your prefered black DVD?

If there is interest for the 13 Steps Maki, I will release it for Etusko Shihomi's birthday at the end of the month!

About these kinds of projects - I was wondering what people prefer? Yellow subs, white subs or an option for both? Do you care what kind of media the DVD is burned to or will you just re-burn it to your prefered black DVD?

If there is interest for the 13 Steps Maki, I will release it for Etusko Shihomi's birthday at the end of the month!

I'd love to see it subbed.

I'd prefer anything that works!

But for argument's sake, yellow subtitles and Taiyo Yuden if the choice was given.

Very excited to see this.

I'm all for whatever is easier as far as Subtitles go!! Personally I think yellow colored subs would be easier to read!!

Man this is great it's all coming together!!

Looking forward to seeing Great Chase, not sure if it was worth it to subtitle Maki, the print is fair at best, but at least you went out

and did it, you did what noone else dared to do. My font recommendation is Gulim 20 Bold, Outline Width of /6/. You cannot lose.

Subtitles transparency e1 = 13, b = 13. If you make the outline of the subtitles (e1) a dark grey, near black but not quite black, then

the outline of the fonts is visible making them easier to read against black bars and black or dark parts of the film. Almost black but

not quite, say Hue 160, Sat 0, Lum 29 (R/30 G/30 B/30). That's the code for the color. White subtitles. Good Luck

The quality of Maki is okay. I only did it because it was an Etsuko Shihomi film. The subs came out amazing. The songs are even subtitled. I'll do some chanbara films next just for something easy. I have a crazy film that I don't even know the name of to sub. There's tons out there to pick from. The responce has been okay in this thread; we'll see if that enthusiam continues when it comes down to making a purchase!

Archived