Japanese Unsubbed Treasures!

HAZ

Wow awesome news!!!! Way to go Mill Creek...it's like they read my mind.

Although I may have to try and make my own cover art for Fight! Dragon. They don't even have Karata ont he cover!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you can't beat 14.95 for the complete series. They'll probably be alot cheaper on deepdiscount.

• Administrator

FIGHT! DRAGON... yeeeeeesssssss.:nerd:

So far 2010 is blowing away 2009. BLACK DYNAMITE... coming soon to a store near you. So we've got companies AND fans making this stuff happen!

Although I may have to try and make my own cover art for Fight! Dragon. They don't even have Karata ont he cover!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I agree, the cover is hideous. What were they thinking?

This is the box set that was released in Japan. As you can see, there are also 6 DVDs.

dvd1.jpg

img00159536464.jpg

• Administrator

Well I made a custom cover for my set, and... hoping not to sound conceited... I like it a whole lot more than the one they came up with. I even thought to put the STAR OF THE SHOW on the cover. Geez, I would think a lot of fans would see Kurata and be drawn to buy this. What are these guys doing with the generic cover photo crap?! I'm going to be sending some of my home-made covers to Ray over at ShaolinChamber36 this week, including my FIGHT! DRAGON one. So if anyone wants it, it'll be there. I mean, it was made using screen captures and the standard, ultra basic "paint" function that came with my computer's photo dealio. So they're pretty crude, but still... if you want the star of the TV series to be on the front cover...:nerd:

I'll post here again once they're up. But in the meantime, you guys and gals should check out Ray's site. He just started it up again, but it's already awesome. http://www.shaolinchamber36.com

If the quality of the mill creek is crappy, someone could just lift the subs off their DVD & add them to the Japanese dvd.

Hi!

The DVD of The Great Chase is pretty much done! Now, it's just a question of how to get it into people's hands. If you're interested in picking up a copy, hit me on via PM or email me at Shinsengumidvd@hotmail.com

The Karate pt 2 & 3 are looking like good candidates for the next round!

Hi!

The DVD of The Great Chase is pretty much done! Now, it's just a question of how to get it into people's hands. If you're interested in picking up a copy, hit me on via PM or email me at Shinsengumidvd@hotmail.com

The Karate pt 2 & 3 are looking like good candidates for the next round!

Oh hells yeah! :-D

Fanastic news buddy, and PM sent.

Bring on the Karate and Maki..... :-)

This and Fight! Dragon is starting 2010 in the coolest way.

If The Karate 2&3 are definitely next on the list, then I'll get my finger out and start part one so that we can all have the trilogy with subs, unless you'd prefer to do it yourself and get subtitles rather than dubtitles.

Hi!

I figure I will get the translator to sub both films & get true subtitles. The widescreen caps from the Karate dvd's look pretty good. I saw some clips on youtube & they look like fun!

h

Hi!

I figure I will get the translator to sub both films & get true subtitles. The widescreen caps from the Karate dvd's look pretty good. I saw some clips on youtube & they look like fun!

h

Yo HAZ,

I was only referring to the first part if the trilogy for dubtitles. Part 2&3 have not been dubbed, so they'll have to have a translator do do them. I just wondered if you wanted the translator to do the first film too, as you have suggested in the past resubtitling Karate Warriors, Bodigaado Kiba and Dragon Princess with translated subs rather than dubtitles.

Yo HAZ,

I was only referring to the first part if the trilogy for dubtitles. Part 2&3 have not been dubbed, so they'll have to have a translator do do them. I just wondered if you wanted the translator to do the first film too, as you have suggested in the past resubtitling Karate Warriors, Bodigaado Kiba and Dragon Princess with translated subs rather than dubtitles.

Maybe the 1st one should be re-done too, then...hmm... I guess I could go back & do that one later. I know it's not liner, but it would be nice to get the ball rolling on a dvd with no translation at all.

I'm in too, sent ya a PM HAZ!!!

Oh man this is so awesome. :bigsmile:

Also Kunoichi is there any chance of getting scans of the FIGHT! DRAGON covers to see what they look like as well?? If not that's totally cool. Just wondering what the cover art for the individual discs looks like!!

Also Kunoichi is there any chance of getting scans of the FIGHT! DRAGON covers to see what they look like as well?? If not that's totally cool. Just wondering what the cover art for the individual discs looks like!!

Unfortunately, I don't own the Japanese set but I'll see if I can find some pics of the individual covers.

Unfortunately, I don't own the Japanese set but I'll see if I can find some pics of the individual covers.

No problem, thanks for trying to find pics of the individual covers!! I too will work on trying to find some photos as well.

chanbara: Is JU-JITSU out on DVD already, and do you know if its got English subtitles?

It appears to have no English Subtitles. :squigglemouth: But maybe we can change that? :wink: The DVD release date is just about a week away (Feb. 19, 2010): http://www.yesasia.com/us/juujutsu/1021889041-0-0-0-en/info.html

On a related note, has anyone seen the movie AIKI (http://www.yesasia.com/us/aiki-japan-version-english-subtitles/1002826725-0-0-0-en/info.html? I accidentily stumbled upon it while searching for info on JU-JITSU. Looks pretty cool and it's got English Subtitles! Having studied both Jiu-Jitsu and Aikido, these movies look to be right up my alley! :smile:

It appears to have no English Subtitles. :squigglemouth: But maybe we can change that? :wink: The DVD release date is just about a week away (Feb. 19, 2010): http://www.yesasia.com/us/juujutsu/1021889041-0-0-0-en/info.html

On a related note, has anyone seen the movie AIKI (http://www.yesasia.com/us/aiki-japan-version-english-subtitles/1002826725-0-0-0-en/info.html? I accidentily stumbled upon it while searching for info on JU-JITSU. Looks pretty cool and it's got English Subtitles! Having studied both Jiu-Jitsu and Aikido, these movies look to be right up my alley! :smile:

Agreed I'm currently studying Jujitsu and have dabbled in Aikido in the past. sign me up!!

Agreed I'm currently studying Jujitsu and have dabbled in Aikido in the past. sign me up!!

How did you find Aikido in comparison? I studied Jiu-Jitsu and Tai-Jitsu for years before moving on to Aikido and I found the adjustment pretty jaring at first. Aikido is all about fluidity and I kept doing what I was learning in the more rigid/hard style I was accustomed to which was pretty unpleasant for the other Aikido students.:tinysmile_angry2_t: That and continuously doing break falls instead of rolls :tongue: were tough habits to break, but ultimately I fell in love with Aikido. :smile:

How did you find Aikido in comparison? I studied Jiu-Jitsu and Tai-Jitsu for years before moving on to Aikido and I found the adjustment pretty jaring at first. Aikido is all about fluidity and I kept doing what I was learning in the more rigid/hard style I was accustomed to which was pretty unpleasant for the other Aikido students.:tinysmile_angry2_t: That and continuously doing break falls instead of rolls :tongue: were tough habits to break, but ultimately I fell in love with Aikido. :smile:

I agree I started with Aikido and then moved into traditional Jujitsu. I guess at the time I wasn't looking for what this style of Aikido offered it was very soft and fluid and required extreme relaxation. Then I found Jujitsu and from the first wrist lock and arm bar I was hooked. So I can see myself trying Aikido after I've trained in Jujitsu for a long time as right now it's what I'm really looking for.

Isn't that one of the great things about martial arts......it's what suits you best and what you are looknig for. It may sound cheesy but it's like finding the perfect girl...everything flows!!

• Administrator
It appears to have no English Subtitles. :squigglemouth: But maybe we can change that?

A man with a great plan! :nerd:

On a related note, has anyone seen the movie AIKI (http://www.yesasia.com/us/aiki-japan-version-english-subtitles/1002826725-0-0-0-en/info.html? I accidentily stumbled upon it while searching for info on JU-JITSU. Looks pretty cool and it's got English Subtitles!

AIKI is a very cool little flick. It's more of a drama about using martial arts to overcome personal hardships and center your spirit. It's well written, acted, and directed. There's not a lot of "action" per say, but I found the stuff there was to be wonderful. A film that appealed to the art film crowd, but also had me- as a Jujutsu practitioner with some experience in Aikido- buzzing with excitement to see a deeper side of the arts.

So I can see myself trying Aikido after I've trained in Jujitsu for a long time as right now it's what I'm really looking for.

Isn't that one of the great things about martial arts......it's what suits you best and what you are looknig for. It may sound cheesy but it's like finding the perfect girl...everything flows!!

That doesn't sound cheesy at all Bro. Well said.

I love the ideas behind Aikido. I prefer the practice of Jujutstu. And I love the look of Kung Fu. :bigsmile:

AIKI is a very cool little flick. It's more of a drama about using martial arts to overcome personal hardships and center your spirit. It's well written, acted, and directed. There's not a lot of "action" per say, but I found the stuff there was to be wonderful. A film that appealed to the art film crowd, but also had me- as a Jujutsu practitioner with some experience in Aikido- buzzing with excitement to see a deeper side of the arts.

That sounds really good. Thanks for the detailed rundown. :smile:

I have to say, it's great to see the Japanese making martial arts films again. Between these 2 and the excellent KURO-OBI (Black Belt), the Budo arts are being well represented.

Has anyone seen these?

shinkaratebakaichidai.jpg

SHIN KARATE BAKA ICHIDAI 1 & 2

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/mammoth-video/10002226/

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c229385227

The covers remind me a LOT of the 2 ZA KAKUTO OH movies from 1994 starring Kane Kosugi.

zakakutooh.jpg

I'd also love to see those subtitled. Part 1 co-stars Yasuaki Kurata (the man's in everything! :smile:) and Simon Rhee, and features a cameo by 1970s Japanese Karate movie mainstay Masashi Ishibashi. A good portion of these 2 movies are in English so there wouldn't be as much dialogue to translate as some others.

Archived