Japanese Unsubbed Treasures!

HAZ

Ok yeah I read the pos now, thats great news, will one be uploading the sub file ,can we buy it. or is this an exclusice FLK memebers only deal?

SOME SUB WORKSHOP TIPS,

You should only use mpeg 1 it never goes out of synch esp in PAL

in NTSC if you are authoring using DVD Meastro then what you have to do to sync them up is on the movie time line in DVD Mestro see where the actual last line of dialouge is then wrie it down and then open Subworkshop open the adjust subs and enter the new last sopken line and adjust, wprks perfert

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply cannot believe you've already subbed a film, Haz!! Amazing work!!

When it comes to coughing up some cash towards this worthy endeavour, please count me in!!

The possibilty of seeing the 2 Yamashita Karate sequels is almost too good to contemplate!! :tongue:

WOW! You've already finished timing the subs for "The Great Chase", HAZ?! That's incredible! :bigsmile: I was expecting this to take a few months. Fantastic news. What a great way to kick off 2010! :smile:

I simply cannot believe you've already subbed a film, Haz!! Amazing work!!

When it comes to coughing up some cash towards this worthy endeavour, please count me in!!

The possibilty of seeing the 2 Yamashita Karate sequels is almost too good to contemplate!! :tongue:

Agreed I'll have to sell something on the black market but it would be worth it!!

This goes out to not only HAZ but other fans on the board completing SUBS for movies without them......THANK YOU!!!

I have not even seen the 2 Yamashita Karate sequels....but if they are like part 1............sorry I just fainted thinking of how cool they must be!!

Timings are all done! So, I've now watched this subbed & I'm going to check the timings again. What a wild movie! Norifumi Suzuki does not dissapoint. This is almost as nuts as Hoero! This guy ravaging women in a bear suit...The portrait of Hitler in his Living room...The killer nuns...Drugs stashed in corpses...Sue Shihomi kicking ass. A fight on a gondola. The singing female wrestler. I love it!

HAZ, you really are doing some great and fast work. Superb stuff! :bigsmile:

And yeah, there's some funky weird stuff that gos on in this movie!!!! :xd:

Asell as some great fight scenes and 'chucks action!

shihomi5bu4.jpg

shihomifx0.jpg

karate3.jpg

karate2.jpg

Anyone got bigger shots of these two posters?

Here's one of them! :-)

moviekarate2gu5.jpg

So, now I'm curious about these films the Karate 1, 2, 3. Are they remastered at all or are there only VHS rips?

Thanks!

h

So, now I'm curious about these films the Karate 1, 2, 3. Are they remastered at all or are there only VHS rips?

Thanks!

h

Dreams do come true!! So far 2010 is off the right start here that's for sure!!

• Administrator

Thanks!

h

Haz, I know 2 and 3 are VHS rips only. I think the 1st one might be out on DVD... can't remember. Wigsplitta should know.

Did you get my PM? You never responded. :smile:

pt 1 was released in Japanese VHS 2 and 3 were only shown on Toei Cable so far,

Either way I'm all for them I would assume in the future if a better quality becomes available one could use the same SUBS for that as well. Those of you who subtitle please let us know. We are calling these treasures so I guess they don't all have to be remastered if it's not available.

• Administrator
Either way I'm all for them I would assume in the future if a better quality becomes available one could use the same SUBS for that as well. Those of you who subtitle please let us know. We are calling these treasures so I guess they don't all have to be remastered if it's not available.

Wigsplitta was kind enough to school me on some of the intricacies of subbing. Yes, once something is subbed (a digital subtitle track has been created), that subtitle track can easily be added to another disc (without having to redo it) if the title becomes available as a new, remastered DVD. Awesome. :bigsmile:

HAZ- I got your PM :wink:, and sent you another. Take a peek when you get a chance, okay? Thanks! :bigsmile:

Yes, once a remastered DVD becomes available, you can extract the subtitles from the inferior version and add them to the superior release with minor or major tweaking to the timing.

Yep, I agree with the comments above! :wink:

The joy of modern tech stuff makes life so easy once things have been done once......cut, copy, paste, extract.......

JAMAL did a great job on The Karate 1 (Bronson Lee : Champion) and the transfer he got was really rather nice.

Karate 2 & 3 aren't great copies, but the best versions i've seen are perfectly watchable imo!

Here's a couple of screen grabs to give an example (they show some distortion and interlacing, but that is mostly becuase of my whack laptop! It looks better via a proper dvd player)

26035690qo8.png

68756855wv7.png

76930724tn0.png

Haz, you may have seen pt.1 of the Yamashita Karate trilogy as it was released in the West as Bronson Lee: Champion.

All three are great fun, very much in the same vein as a lot of Chiba's output from the same time, with a lot of action and some very colorful villains (Bolo pops up in pt.3).

Even without subs, I had a blast watching pt's 2 & 3 - so imagine how awesome they'd be if I knew what the hell was happening!! :tongue:

• Administrator
Those don't look bad. And they're good movies?

I love these flicks!

Haz, you may have seen pt.1 of the Yamashita Karate trilogy as it was released in the West as Bronson Lee: Champion.

All three are great fun, very much in the same vein as a lot of Chiba's output from the same time, with a lot of action and some very colorful villains (Bolo pops up in pt.3).

Even without subs, I had a blast watching pt's 2 & 3 - so imagine how awesome they'd be if I knew what the hell was happening!! :tongue:

Couldn't agree more. Tons of fighting= less subs. :wink: Plus they have the Japanese comedian from the first one (and RETURN OF THE STREETFIGHTER) in them. Usually I prefer straight up action. But this guy always makes me laugh.

If you care, my votes for the next subbed title would be:

THE KARATE 2

13 STEPS OF MAKI :nerd:

Guest WuxiaFan
If you care, my votes for the next subbed title would be:

THE KARATE 2

13 STEPS OF MAKI :nerd:

I like the sound of those! How about adding this wild Chiba-san flick to the list:

WOLFGUY: ENRAGED WOLFMAN

Bob and I both have unsubbed copies of it and its just a crazy little exploitation gem! :yociexp100:

The possibilities are endless. I'm so geeked about all this great films finally getting subs from people who want to do them right!!

I like the sound of those! How about adding this wild Chiba-san flick to the list:

WOLFGUY: ENRAGED WOLFMAN

Bob and I both have unsubbed copies of it and its just a crazy little exploitation gem! :yociexp100:

Hi!

Is this re-mastered?

Thanks

h

• Administrator
Hi!

Is this re-mastered?

Thanks

h

Nope. Actually, the best version available is a full-frame, uncut TV broadcast. But this movie is insanely entertaining! Invisible tigers, Sonny Chiba possessed by a wolf spirit, hot naked biker chicks, karate action, ect. Even without subs I've watched it twice already. So with subs? It would be unbeatable! Great suggestion Wuxiafan. :bigsmile:

Haz- I'm going to send you an e-mail with some pics. If you want to post them, please feel free to do so.

We may not need to worry about doing FIGHT! DRAGON afterall. As I posted in another thread a company called Mill Creek is putting out a box set in March! :tongue:

http://www.amazon.com/Fight-Dragon-Complete-Various/dp/B00310PSU8

No mention of subs on these, but I can't imagine these are dubbed in English or just in Japanese since they're listed as being Region 1...

We may not need to worry about doing FIGHT! DRAGON afterall. As I posted in another thread a company called Mill Creek is putting out a box set in March! :tongue:

http://www.amazon.com/Fight-Dragon-Complete-Various/dp/B00310PSU8

No mention of subs on these, but I can't imagine these are dubbed in English or just in Japanese since they're listed as being Region 1...

Great news!!

Archived