Japanese Unsubbed Treasures!

HAZ

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first 15 minutes have been timed. Not bad considering there was a lot of dialogue. Hope to get the timings half done by tomorrow!

Started timing the subs with subtitle workshop, but something doesn't seem right. When I watch the DVD in VLC, the first spoken line is around 4 minute mark. When I watch the AVI in subtitle workshop, the first spoken line appears at around 3 minutes according to the timer. I'm not at home now, but I'm sure I'll get this fixed up today.

I had the same issues with Subtitle workshop. I never got it to work, so I eventually just used VLC and Notepad!

The first 15 minutes have been timed. Not bad considering there was a lot of dialogue. Hope to get the timings half done by tomorrow!

WICKED stuff! Great work HAZ

You go HAZ!!!

Couple more quick ideas on series to do...

Truck Yarou (10 films)

Furyo Bancho (17 films)

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, just excited about the possibilities...

Maybe it's just because I'm in Sue Shihomi mode, but 13 steps of Maki might be a good follow-up...

Nothing wrong with more action from the Sister Street Fighter!!!

• Administrator
Maybe it's just because I'm in Sue Shihomi mode, but 13 steps of Maki might be a good follow-up...

Yeah, I actually like that one a lot more than GREAT CHASE. Not that I'm not excited about GC, because I am. I just think 13 STEPS is better in every way- story, cinematography, acting, and especially the action!

13 Steps of Maki is indeed the best Etsuko Shihomi film.

I would love to see the rest of the CRIMSON BATseries remastered! This is a 4 film series from 1969-1970 starring Yoko Matsuyama as blind Oichi. Only CRIMSON BAT #2:BLIND SWORDSWOMAN: HELLISH SKIN has been remastered.

Uh, remastered?

I would love to see the rest of the CRIMSON BATseries remastered! This is a 4 film series from 1969-1970 starring Yoko Matsuyama as blind Oichi. Only CRIMSON BAT #2:BLIND SWORDSWOMAN: HELLISH SKIN has been remastered.

Remastering would be nice, but this project is only for subtitling films that have never had an English-friendly version available.

Guest WuxiaFan

I deleted my previous posting as the films I talked about don't have a quality, non-subbed DVD release to my knowledge, so sorry about that. If I come across them, l'll join back in. :crossedlips:

I deleted my previous posting as the films I talked about don't have a quality, non-subbed DVD release to my knowledge, so sorry about that. If I come across them, l'll join back in. :crossedlips:

No need to apologize.....we all get excited about the possiblity of the awesome things that could come about due to this thread!!

I want to hold Haz hostage until I get Fight! Dragon subtitled but then he couldn't work on this project so I won't. :tongue:

I hope to be finished the timings by Monday. They're coming along pretty well. The last 30 minutes isn't that much dialogue, so that should go super fast. Then it's a proof reading & final translation check & she's ready for authoring!

Please count me in for monetary donations. Like basically everyone else who has posted, I'd beg, borrow, and steal to get my hands on the Fight! Dragon series. Some of the other fims mentioned sound great as well. It's a very worthwhile project, and kudos to all involved.

By the way, does anyone know where I can obtain a subbed copy of Dragon Princess?

I'm into the idea of doing a few episodes of a TV series. These ones sound cool:

FIGHT! DRAGON

THE BODYGUARD

BLAZING DRAGNET

I'm tempted to try the rest of the Stray Cat Rock series, but the ones I've seen have left me cold. I love Meiko Kaji, though.

The Chiba Motorcycle movie looks like a very good candidate. If people have any flims un-subbed that they can provide copies of, PM me & we'll try to work out a trade.

Timings are all done! So, I've now watched this subbed & I'm going to check the timings again. What a wild movie! Norifumi Suzuki does not dissapoint. This is almost as nuts as Hoero! This guy ravaging women in a bear suit...The portrait of Hitler in his Living room...The killer nuns...Drugs stashed in corpses...Sue Shihomi kicking ass. A fight on a gondola. The singing female wrestler. I love it!

• Administrator
I'm into the idea of doing a few episodes of a TV series. These ones sound cool:

FIGHT! DRAGON

THE BODYGUARD

BLAZING DRAGNET

The Chiba Motorcycle movie looks like a very good candidate. If people have any flims un-subbed that they can provide copies of, PM me & we'll try to work out a trade.

Sent you a PM. :bigsmile:

Great news Haz! So when will you be issuing out copies?

Hopefully, I'll have the movie set up properly by the end of the coming week. I have the subtitle file all done. I'm just watching the movie right now to check the timings of the subs. I also want the translator to watch the film one more time to make sure we've caught everything. Songs & signs are translated, too. After that, I will author the DVD! I'm happy with the pace this moved. Next time, I want it to be even quicker.

• Administrator
Hopefully, I'll have the movie set up properly by the end of the coming week. I have the subtitle file all done. I'm just watching the movie right now to check the timings of the subs. I also want the translator to watch the film one more time to make sure we've caught everything. Songs & signs are translated, too. After that, I will author the DVD! I'm happy with the pace this moved. Next time, I want it to be even quicker.

Wow! Haz, you are really moving on this thing. :bigsmile:

Awesome news Haz!! This is really taking off!! The turn around time was much faster than I thought.

Oh man....FIGHT! DRAGON subbed!!! I think I need a minute to myself.......that would be a dream come true!!

Be great to get these subed

Juvanille Prison,

(This is like a street fighter film, some same crew worked on this)

mangangvhs-1.jpg

Great Racer

greatracefj9.jpg

Few requests for these I see, Classics.

Karate Champion 3

karate3.jpg

Anyone got bigger shots of these two posters

Karate Champion 2

karate2.jpg

Archived