Japanese Unsubbed Treasures!

HAZ

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any news on ju jitsu english subs yet?

I was wondering the same thing... any new movies in the works?

Definately the Play Girl series! I have some unsubbed episodes of it and it's great stuff.

As far as T.V. series go, I think Key Hunter would be great as would Sukeban Deka 2 (I've had a High School sized crush on Yoko Minamino since I first saw her in the movie back in 1990).

There's a little known cult film that Patrick Macias wrote about called Kurutta Yaju (Crazed Beast). I picked up the Japanese unsubbed dvd a while back (when I had cash) and it is INCREDIBLE. Here's the poster:

DSTD-3340.jpg

and a review I had written about it some months ago:

http://farreachingfilms.blogspot.com/2011/03/kurutta-yaju-crazed-beast.html

I thought Crazed Beast was one of the most disappointing films I've seen in ages. I'd be glad to sell my dvd :xd:

I'll translate my review some day when I have time.

Fukasaku's Violent Panic: The Big Crash on the other hand is jaw dropping.

I thought Crazed Beast was one of the most disappointing films I've seen in ages. I'd be glad to sell my dvd :xd:

I'll translate my review some day when I have time.

Fukasaku's Violent Panic: The Big Crash on the other hand is jaw dropping.

Haven't caught up to VP:BC yet, so I can't say. Surprised you didn't like Crazed Beast. I found it to be every bit as jaw dropping as you say the Fukasaku film is. Ah well, to each his own. :angel:

odioustrident

Has anyone started working on subs for Za Karate 2 & 3 yet? If no one wants to claim it I'm going to have a guy do the translation with the hope of getting them timed at some point in the future. These films have too wide an appeal across the kung fanbase to have them remain unsubbed in 2011....

Of course those apparently glass tv rips would be nice to have too!

Haz talked about subbing Za Karate 2 & 3 but that was over a year ago and since then, nothing.

I don't remember who said they had the newer Satellite TV rips - these, and the Chiba/Miao film, seem to have gone AWOL on here.

I don't remember who said they had the newer Satellite TV rips - these, and the Chiba/Miao film, seem to have gone AWOL on here.

I still have a Satellite TV rip of Tokyo-Seoul-Bangkok (the Chiba-Miao film) and would be willing to send anyone a copy if they want it. No subs of course. I did send a copy to mpm74 but he had issues getting it to play, not sure if it's due to the fact that it was originally taken off a Region 2 DVR in Japan? It plays on my Pioneer DV-400V DVD player that was modded to be region-free, but not on any other player that I can find, even my Momitsu region-free Blu-Ray or computers with region coding removal software. I'd also be willing to send the original to anyone that can make an honest effort to sub it.

Has anyone started working on subs for Za Karate 2 & 3 yet? If no one wants to claim it I'm going to have a guy do the translation with the hope of getting them timed at some point in the future. These films have too wide an appeal across the kung fanbase to have them remain unsubbed in 2011....

HAZ was supposed to be doing these. I sent him copies of the TOEI channel DVD-R recordings I got last year, but haven't heard anything since then, so...? :squigglemouth:

• Administrator

THE KARATE 2 and THE KARATE 3 are now completed! :bigsmile:

They were fully translated and are now custom subbed. The gent responsible is still looking for a few more contributors (just to get reimbursed for the translator's cost) for a projected release date of Feb 25th. You can PM me if you're interested in getting these.

odioustrident

I hope more people contribute to this cause. It's really a summation of the custom fanfare from the last few years for me .

• Administrator
I hope more people contribute to this cause. It's really a summation of the custom fanfare from the last few years for me .

Yeah, me too. These flicks were fun even before they were subbed! :wink:

• Administrator

This dual project looks freaking awesome! I'm IN!!!! :nerd:

Can't wait to see these nice prints with subtitles. I already loved these films in their crummy, subless VHS forms... so it'll be great to know what kinds of insults are being hurled back and forth between the fighters, and to see everything clearly! :wink:

My guess at some of the dialogue :angel:...

Thug: "Your mustache is not impressive!"

Yamashita-san: (with his trademark snarl) "In this fight, I will use... only my mustache to destroy you."

I have a feeling the actual translation will be much better! :xd: LOL

Sorry guys. Project is cancelled. :(

Why not set up a blog for your projects? Then you would only need advertise the blog here, there'd be no conflict of interest and no arguments on the forum regarding collections/projects. Seems like the best solution to me, plus it's totally free to have your own blog.

Sorry guys. Project is cancelled. :(

Well that sucks. I was just ready to email you about it. Would have loved to have seen those two films, especially with subs. Disappointed to say the least...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Well that sucks. I was just ready to email you about it. Would have loved to have seen those two films, especially with subs. Disappointed to say the least...

Dude, send the e-mail anyway. Please. :nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Why not set up a blog for your projects? Then you would only need advertise the blog here, there'd be no conflict of interest and no arguments on the forum regarding collections/projects. Seems like the best solution to me, plus it's totally free to have your own blog.

Good suggestion. Then people wouldn't miss out, but no cries of "foul" for rule breaking or anything. :smile: Haz actually did set up a Blog for this stuff. Wonder why he doesn't use it. Perhaps he's changed it or something?

Dude, send the e-mail anyway. Please. :nerd:

Never heard back. Is Za Karate 2 & 3 perma cancelled or may there still be hope in the near future?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Never heard back. Is Za Karate 2 & 3 perma cancelled or may there still be hope in the near future?

When I last spoke to Haz, he said he was finishing them up...

When I last spoke to Haz, he said he was finishing them up...

Great to hear! Those two films look like alot of fun. Can't wait...

silver hermit

this is a very good series and should be subbed. we'd be willing to help with the timing. that miao chiba film needs the treatment as well as chrimson bat!

BlackLamaFaction

Does anyone have any information on any of the following films?... Can't find much info on any of these in the way of custom projects, or DVD releases at all. Thanks in advance.

Momotaro Samurai "Freelance Samurai" (Kenji Misumi)

Young Swordsman (Hiroshi Inagaki)

The Fort of Death (Eiichi Kudo)

Professional Killers: Assassins Quarry (Yusuke Watanabe)

Archived