Name that Classic!

TravisH

Please help us id this movie.

Over the holidays, my son and I spent a day watching our own Kung Fu movie marathon, both modern and classic. Once again, I brought up other movies I'd seen when I was his age and he said it was time to find out the titles so we could attempt to locate it.

This one is a classic, at least 25 years old.

----------

Pai Mei (played by Lo Leih?) comes to town to challenge the local Tiger style champion. Pai Mei beats him and exiles him from the village. The defeated champion goes into exile, along with his young wife, vowing revenge.

He practices for years, returns to challenge Pai Mei, but gets beaten even worse. He returns to exile, to heal and practice more.

In the meantime, he also raises a family and begins teaching his son Tiger style. The father builds a mannequin that has steel balls in it that, when struck, begin falling down internal pathways to emerge at the groin. The goal of the practice is that Pai Mei has only one vulnerable spot and the father has developed an acupuncture-type of attack that accumulates with a timed strike at the groin just as the steel balls fall out.

One day the father catches his son learning Crane(?) style from his mother. The father objects, calling it a woman's style, and will adulterate the son's Tiger technique. But the son continues to study with his mother in secret.

The father challenges Pai Mei again and again is beaten. But this time, Pai Mei intends to kill him. Mortally wounded, the father escapes and dies at home. The son vows revenge and begins his practice in earnest.

The son challenges Pai Mei and eventually launches the acupuncture attack but with no effect! Laughing, Pai Mei boasts that over the years he has learned to move his vulunerable spot.

Pai Mei now intends to kill the son too. With his Tiger style not good enough, the son starts using Crane style which befuddles Pai Mei. Eventually, the son jumps onto Pai Mei, sitting on his shoulders, and strikes Pai Mei through the eyes or top of his head. Pai Mei dies very flamboyantly.

----------

I've always thought it was called something like Tiger vs Crane. But I've not been able to find it. Please help.

Thx!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it's Executions from Shaolin. The other title I said is it's sequel.

I wouldn't say sequel more of a reinterpretation of the same story.

Does this look like it?

THAT'S IT!!!

Thanks for all the quick replies and link to the move trailer!

Strange, I don't recall any of the other action with the revolutionaies, just the story of the father and son vs Pai Mei. But it has been years since I saw it. ;)

THAT'S IT!!!

Thanks for all the quick replies and link to the move trailer!

Strange, I don't recall any of the other action with the revolutionaies, just the story of the father and son vs Pai Mei. But it has been years since I saw it. ;)

your welcome & welcome to the forum:smile:

Archived