Sino-Dutch War 1661 - Vincent Zhao

AbeRudder

Was looking through Vincent Zhao's filmography and noticed this one, turns out it is a huge historical epic that apparently cost 45 million to make however there is hardly anything written about it apart from Mark Pollards review. Anyone know anything more about it? Is it worth getting?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this on the Zoke label, but no subs and only Mandarin/Cantonese audio. Looks a good movie, wish I had subs.

I have a subbed DVD from HK but I remember the VCD I had was a longer cut. Certain scenes are cut in the DVD until the plot is confusing.

Mine's the long version without english subs. Any chance you could rip the english subs from your dvd for me fiol? I could then add them to mine, re-syncing if needed. Would be very grateful.

Mine's the long version without english subs. Any chance you could rip the english subs from your dvd for me fiol? I could then add them to mine, re-syncing if needed. Would be very grateful.

i dont have the dvd sorry ^^

i was planning to buy it but i didnt know anything about the movie so i skipped it ^^;

hey,

pretty decent. Doesn't swell too much on history but more ticks off events and I like the drama of Vincent's family falling apart when they decides to bow down to the new rule. Some compellinh epic images as well which is no surprise as this director also made DON'T CRY NANKING.

Archived