Searching for a movie...

alanseijas

I have been searching for a movie from BBT (pretty sure it was BBT) for a LONG time. I saw it when I was a kid, and had it taped on Beta back then. I do not know the name of it, and was wondering if you could identify it from a plot description.

It starts on a boat on it's way to China. The star is returning home from the US after killing another man in the boxing ring with his Chinese Kung Fu punch. I beleive his character name is Chang Kwong. After that he says, "and I swore that I would never use my fists again!" Upon returning to his village, he finds that the Japanese are taking over. He is forced to teach Kung Fu to the Chinese people there so they can defend themselves. A Japanese man is killed, so the Japanese ruler hangs up a Chinese man to death with a rope, and leaves him there as an example to the Chinese not to mess with the Japanese or suffer the same fate. As the Chinese attempt to cut the man down, they are attacked and beaten up with Japanese Karate. Chang Kwong walks up to cut the man down and defeats all attackers including a Samurai. The ruler calls off the attacks and the man is cut down. It then becomes a war between Kung Fu and Karate, and the end is Chang Kwong fighting the Japanese ruler on the beach. Chang Kwong breaks the Japanese ruler's arm over his shoulder after a very long fight and ends up killing him in a bloody end.

Sound familiar?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

I believe its Rage of Wind which stars Chen Sing and Kurata as the Japanese villian. It was shown on BB Theatre in the 80's under the title The Ninja Warlord. Bloody Fists is similar but not the same film.

I believe its Rage of Wind which stars Chen Sing and Kurata as the Japanese villian. It was shown on BB Theatre in the 80's under the title The Ninja Warlord. Bloody Fists is similar but not the same film.

HA!!!!! I think you nailed it. I now remember thinking that it should not have had NINJA in the title because it didn't have ninjas in it! I was watching Sho Kosuki's 'Revenge Of The Ninja' a lot back then too, and have that one on dvd.

Next question is where may I find 'The Ninja Warlord' to purchase? Is it available anywhere?

Was it as good as I remember?

This forum is great!:smile:

Archived