Hapkido (seen before) - Fortune Star English dub

Hand Of Death (seen before) - Fortune Star English dub

10 Tigers of Kwantung (seen before) - Celestial English dub

5 Venoms (seen before) - Celestial English dub

Magnificent Wanderers - Celestial English dub

Black Dragon - with audio commentary

Have Sword, Will Travel (seen before) - Celestial English dub

Massacre Survivor - dog print

Please suggest any other good films/prints that you've watched recently that I may not have seen... I'm looking for any Wu Tang films with Xing Chi, Bagua or Tai Chi.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching The One with Jet Li. Nothing special, but interesting to try and interpret the Xing Yi vs. Bagua styles amongst all the special effects.

thundered mantis

Please suggest any other good films/prints that you've watched recently that I may not have seen... I'm looking for any Wu Tang films with Xing Chi, Bagua or Tai Chi.

Sorry can´t help with it, I wouldn´t normally post to say "nothing", BUT:

Massacre Survivor - dog print

What!?! How come no one has noticed THIS!!! The Holy Grial of kung fu movies is gonna be unearthed. Every kung fu fan should look for this one. As far as I was aware Toby Russell had the only print known of.

This is the most important news since..., woah, don´t really know, I´m just too agitated, simply in shock. Only three things I can think of now:

1st. Falkor, how come can you control the situation and keep it at the end of the list? I know this is not a film you can simply come home and watch it. It demands building the focus, but, come on, the end of the list? That would be too much for me

2nd. If it isn´t too much asking, could you tell us something about the movie after you watch it? Dunno what, really. I mean, rating it seems ridiculous, how come anyone could possibly rate it? It´s a category of its own. I don´t know, but I´d gladly read any comment about your experience.

3rd. No near horizon you know of for bigger unveiling of the film, I guess?

Sorry again for answering your question with unrelated askings, but, man, Massacre Survivor, damn.

To be honest, tm, you are the first user on this forum to show any enthusiasm or interest towards Massacre Survivor in all the times I've mentioned it or pasted up any stills or poster artwork or synopsis within the past 5 years. If only there were more people like you, instead of all the Bruce fans going on about Big Boss uncut all the time, Toby might be more inclined to consider releasing it.

I do not have it, but am hoping it will surface by the time I watch all those other movies (listed above). ::tongue:

Massacre Survivor is pretty epic. I thought/hoped this was going to be put out by rarescope. Sigh. I wish they would have been able to do Monk's fight or that great print of Black Eagles Blades...

thundered mantis

Hahahah, man you got me on that one! :xd:

Pity Massacre Survivor is staying on the vaults.I swear if there was to be an screening in London and it wasn´t to coincide with my exams, I would get a couple free days at work and catch a plane to see it!

I saw the post with the stills, didn´t see the one with the synopsis, I´m gonna dig that one, see if I find it.

Yeah, the market seems quite dead. But I would pay much more than usual for Massacre Survivor (the biggest sum I paid was 80 € for german VHS "Of Cooks & Kung Fu", letterboxed, but I´d pay way more for Massacre, Shaolin vs Lama or 5 Fighters from Shaolin). We should ask Toby Russell to put up an online preorder web for Massacre. We would pay in advance, and if we reach a pre stablished sum, then he releases it. If we don´t reach it, he reimburses it back to donors, less a little percentage, for the web expenses and Toby´s time invested in the venture. It would be easy to advertise it on dedicated kf forums on the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain.

Anyway, good luck searching for Massacre Survivor man!

just had a though lau ka wing popped into me haed as I was walking home, and I think he uses Xing Yi boxing in Shaolin mantis

how do you chose an order? i look at the start of a film & get a feel for what its like then chose.

tantao3-son of tantao2

falkor, last time i watched Swordsman Of All Swordsmen, i was sitting next to its director Joseph Kuo, it was a great experience to talk to him after watching his movie together with him...this was in Paris in summer 2008...

after this one they screened Born Invincible, Joseph had a restored print of it...

Yeah, I missed that trying to organise the trip with friends who kind of let me down, by then, the train ticket had gone up in price and they wouldn't let me fill the empty seats any cheaper... bastards. Nevermind, I learnt a lesson that time... I really did want to see Born on the big screen. Oh well, I gave it my best shot considering I was out of work during that month.

falkor, last time i watched Swordsman Of All Swordsmen, i was sitting next to its director Joseph Kuo, it was a great experience to talk to him after watching his movie together with him...this was in Paris in summer 2008...

after this one they screened Born Invincible, Joseph had a restored print of it...

WOW! Can you give us more details? I didn't even know that this happened or that Joseph Kuo was still alive!

Archived