What are these movies?

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I have these 2 DVDs from UK.

1. Blade Of Doom - Vengeance Video

Is this the real title? I suspect it is concocted by Vengeance. It's funny Adam Cheng is on the cover. From the back cover, I can identify Roc Tien Peng but who's the bearded guy?

2. Dressed To Fight - Hollywood East

I suspect this is not the real title too.

Roc Tien can be spotted on the back cover.

Who are the other stars?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Blade of Doom is Lone Ninja Warrior, I think the bearded guy is Tien Ho

Dressed to Fight I think is Legend of the Broken Sword, Ling Yun and Doris Lung are also in it

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Thank you ironfistedmonk for the answers.

Do you recommend Love & Sword ; Elimination Pursuit?

Are you a fan of Taiwan swordplay films?

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

I'm not a massive fan of swordplay movies, some of them can be too melodramatic or just plain confusing but then others can be absolute classics.

Love and Sword I thought was quite good, nicely shot film especially the scene in the forest, very well done. No fighting females, I think it was yourself who asks about the female characters but this one kept my interest all the way through.

Elimination Pursuit, I have a DVD-r of this (3 Famous Constables). I'm waiting for it to be released in the UK before I buy it, its not as good as Love & Sword IMO, the ending was a bit of a let down but Tien Peng is pretty good in it

Guest Lei Kung

Dressed to Fight (I found it for a dollar at a grocery store) and Lone Ninja Warrior were both very wierd. I especially liked LNW. Ullysess Au Yuan Chang directed these both I believe? I have the Wu Tang Collection version of LNW, the audio made it almost unwatchable as I had to crank the volume to hear the males and turn it way down to not blow my speakers when a woman spoke. This made the plot nearly impossible to follow as well, even after 3 watchings. Despite all this, I loved the movie.

Archived