Fearless Duo directed by Jospeh Kuo?

Kung-Fu Scholar

Kung-Fu Scholar

I've read and heard that Fearless Duo with Lau Kar Yung, Hwang Jang Lee and Yuen Qiu was actually produced an directed by Joseph Kuo, yet the movie is credited to someone else. Since Kuo and his actors also did Dragon's Claw a movie with the proper credit, I was wondering why Kuo had to credit someone else for his work.

K-F Scholar.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

The director is credited on the promotional materials as Fang Wei-Hsiang. I haven't seen the film myself. The HKFA list Joseph Kuo as the producer/director but that appears to be a mistake.

The director is credited on the promotional materials as Fang Wei-Hsiang. I haven't seen the film myself. The HKFA list Joseph Kuo as the producer/director but that appears to be a mistake.

Mark is right.People usually get confused between Fearless Duo and Dragon Claws.

Fearless Duo was a big big hit with Hwang Jang Lee in top form.Sadly it was never re-released simply because there was a lot of good stuff coming out at that time.

Unfortunately I do not remember the plot as I last saw it in the early 80s but the end fight really stood out.

This is one movie I would really like to see again together with Tiger Tiger Tiger which strangely were both gonna be released by Toby via his Vengeance Video label but somehow got stalled - I think he still has some material for these classics.

Can someone close to Toby kindly explain to us why these dvd releases are still in limbo?

thedirtytiger

He has Massacre Survivor too and many other untold rares, but the bottom has fallen out of the releases market ue to bootleggers, downloaders and the general stinginess of consumers in the worldwide economic ressession. Maybe some time in the future but don't hold your breath....

Archived