What is the best version of RED CLIFF

IronMonkey415

IronMonkey415

About to buy one from HKFlix but have no idea which version to get. I heard that the American cut has some part missing.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
I heard that the American cut has some part missing.

That's an understatement! The director's cut is two movies totalling 286 mins (approx) whilst the international cut is one movie condensed into 148 mins. You're basically losing an entire movie and 2.5 hrs of run time.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think the UK DVD has the full version of Redcliff. I think the one disc edition is the International cut and the 2 disc special edition has the longer cut.

Guest Markgway
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think the UK DVD has the full version of Redcliff. I think the one disc edition is the International cut and the 2 disc special edition has the longer cut.

That's right. The director's cut is called the special edition in the UK. A few snips to remove illegal horse falls - just so you know.

Meanwhile, I am about to watch Generation Consultant which is the original Red Cliff movie acted by Gordon Liu, Tony Liu Yung (in the Takeshi role) and Ke Chun Hsiung.

Meanwhile, I am about to watch Generation Consultant which is the original Red Cliff movie acted by Gordon Liu, Tony Liu Yung (in the Takeshi role) and Ke Chun Hsiung.

That sounds cool, I've not heard of that but I might have to check it out. Three Kingdoms based movies are always intriguing. What role does Gordon play?

kingofkungfu2002

The UK dvd has burned in subtitles, which are a bit on the small side in my opinion (especially on Part 2) :neutral:

• Administrator

That sounds cool, I've not heard of that but I might have to check it out. Three Kingdoms based movies are always intriguing. What role does Gordon play?

Yes Winfred, please tell us more about this film! :nerd:

The Running Man

Great news!

Magnolia is releasing BOTH the international cut and the original two movie feature version on home video the same day.

Amazon link

Good thing I haven't gotten it on DVD yet as now I'll be buying that one.

Archived