Collaretal

Blood Sword

I watched this today...well,1st I say I am not fan of tom cruise I got illusion he is just pretty face who can act barely.I got some enjoyment from "the firm" but not overly impressed...

And I had this dvd in stock long time until finally gave it a go...

Jesus Christ,what a movie this is!And Cruise IS bad ass it took me just minutes to get incredible fascinated into storyline,thanks also to good actors.

I almost decided never watch this,but now I know better prejudice not good thing.

scene where cruise takes on chinese target at nightclub is sweetttttttt

I watched this today...well,1st I say I am not fan of tom cruise I got illusion he is just pretty face who can act barely.I got some enjoyment from "the firm" but not overly impressed...

And I had this dvd in stock long time until finally gave it a go...

Jesus Christ,what a movie this is!And Cruise IS bad ass it took me just minutes to get incredible fascinated into storyline,thanks also to good actors.

I almost decided never watch this,but now I know better prejudice not good thing.

scene where cruise takes on chinese target at nightclub is sweetttttttt

Absolutely this movie proves that Tom Cruise is the best Terminator.

Absolutely this movie proves that Tom Cruise is the best Terminator.

I also like scene a lot where hitman lectures to taxidriver bystanders get killed because you do not follow my orders:wink:

I watched this today...well,1st I say I am not fan of tom cruise I got illusion he is just pretty face who can act barely

Well Tom Cruise CAN ACT when he wishes I just think he made the decision to go instead for the full Hollywood package along with it's benefits and pitfalls but yeah you are right Collateral is fine performance in my opinion and a good film overall.

Check out these Tom Cruise performances if you haven't already seen the movies (not in any particular order)

Rain Man

Born On The 4th Of July

Jerry Maguire

Magnolia (odd movie and not to everyones taste)

Interview With A Vampire

The Last Samurai

I wanted to add "Valkyrie" to the list and though it a very well made film in all aspects and Mr Cruise is very believable,I personally think the performance was one dimensional hindered by the fact that it is based on a true story therefore limiting the range of the character but overall this is another movie worth checking out.

Cognoscente

I was surprised to see Jason Statham in this, but disappointed that there wasn't more of him.

• Like 3

DarthKato

Finally picked this up for cheap at Big Lots. Been meaning to watch it since it first came out. lol

• Like 1

Cognoscente

I only saw it for the first time a few days ago when Sky One was airing it. I was initially put off by the digital video aesthetic despite being surprised that Tom Cruise would be okay with having his image potentially cheapened by it.

• Like 2

Interesting... I thought I was the only one who missed out on this. Just watched it recently myself. I kind of liked it. Nothing I'd need to watch again but for the time I spent with it I was entertained. My favourite part was probably the Club scene which featured the best fights and shoot outs of the movie at least IMHO. Also one thing that really had me tune out momentarily was the ending. I just thought the whole set up was really silly. Nevertheless worth it for a one time watch and yeah Statham has like a one minute cameo.

• Like 2

Rewatched it on Netflix last weekend. Despite the whole controversy with Michael Mann's obsession of shooting digital (which I think is nothing distracting), it's still holds up to this day thanks to the overall screenwriting, direction, and acting performances. Mann's expertise in making characters, even the most random and less essential ones, stick out and tell portions of their stories in correlation to the main story is just deep and mind-blowing. The cops, the female lawyer, the jazz player, Felix. Mann did the same in Thief and Heat, and here is no difference. Just flexing it further in digital. There's nothing else to say about Tom Cruise here... He's the true star of the movie. Jamie Foxx deserves credits as well for playing a seemingly average joe that gets to show his true side, and the character's culmination in the end (no wonder he was nominated for best supporting actor at the Oscars). This is easily my top 3 (along with the aforementioned movies) Mann movie of all time.

Edited by DiP