BCI Titles picked up by Funimation

TimB

Killer Meteor
Jesus christ don't get running man going:angel:

What the fuck do these movies have to do with america? Americans are racist? Where do YOU live, fantasy land? most of these movies were dubbed in England anyways:neutral:

Actually, they were dubbed in Hong Kong, not England.

Only US dubs I can think of for old school films are

Fearless Fighters

The Big Boss

Infra-Man

Bruce Lee The Man, The Myth

Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fearless Fighters

The Big Boss

Infra-Man

Yeah, most of the dubbers were english I meant. Not that it really matters.

Jesus christ don't get running man going:angel:

What the fuck do these movies have to do with america? Americans are racist? Where do YOU live, fantasy land? most of these movies were dubbed in England anyways:neutral:

I said I was wrong. I also didn't say Americans made them, I said they appealed to them. The English thing makes sense, though. Pax Britannica! lol Like I said, Like I said, I was wrong & had a wrong impression of things. Movies are meant for fun. I used to get really worked up about the whole sub/dub thing & think stupid BS. That's really dumb. The thing is for people to enjoy themselves in their own way & not be judged in anyway for it. And taking a hobby too seriously just leads to some stupid ideas like the stuff I said above. I've always liked Tosh's contributions to the forum & don't want to offend him or anyone else.

Killer Meteor
Yeah, most of the dubbers were english I meant. Not that it really matters.

You know, I can never suss the accents of a lot of the dubbers. They sound so odd, mostly australian but distorted.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I think most were brits, attempting to sound generically, middle of the road english! like somewhere between the queen's proper english, and american without twang or dialect!

Killer Meteor
I think most were brits, attempting to sound generically, middle of the road english! like somewhere between the queen's proper english, and american without twang or dialect!

I'd like to see some of the old dubbers interviwed on camera. Text articles are no good when they don't tell you which films the dubber worked on!

I said I was wrong. I also didn't say Americans made them, I said they appealed to them. The English thing makes sense, though. Pax Britannica! lol Like I said, Like I said, I was wrong & had a wrong impression of things. Movies are meant for fun. I used to get really worked up about the whole sub/dub thing & think stupid BS. That's really dumb. The thing is for people to enjoy themselves in their own way & not be judged in anyway for it. And taking a hobby too seriously just leads to some stupid ideas like the stuff I said above. I've always liked Tosh's contributions to the forum & don't want to offend him or anyone else.

No big deal man:wink:

kungpowmaster

The crappiest dubs I have heard are the newer ones. Like the Jet Li films, and even Azumi. The modern dubs all sound like they were done by 20 something year old college kids in Seattle. At least the classic old school dubs had a foreign(to us Americans) sounding voice, and while some where cheap, I still think many were very well done, and really are an art itself, voice characterization, and then the English dialogue has to be written, and then everything synched up(at least somewhat). Give me any 80's or earlier Hong Kong dub over any new dub. I think I actually prefer subs when it comes to more recent films that have that terrible young surfer dude doing the voices.

The crappiest dubs I have heard are the newer ones. Like the Jet Li films, and even Azumi. The modern dubs all sound like they were done by 20 something year old college kids in Seattle. At least the classic old school dubs had a foreign(to us Americans) sounding voice, and while some where cheap, I still think many were very well done, and really are an art itself, voice characterization, and then the English dialogue has to be written, and then everything synched up(at least somewhat). Give me any 80's or earlier Hong Kong dub over any new dub. I think I actually prefer subs when it comes to more recent films that have that terrible young surfer dude doing the voices.

That pretty much sums it up. The best dubs were the ones done "in house" at Golden Harvest and Shaw Bros. That's my thought, at least.

Jesse Smooth

Fearless Fighters

The Big Boss

Infra-Man

Off-topic, just out of curiosity, I wonder if THE MAN, THE MYTH had Chinese-American dubbers. I watched it recently and wondered.

DeathFuMaster

Yeah this is from the North American thread and HK Godfather is on the list.

Howdy guys. I'm Rojas, a representative from FUNimation. I just wanted to let you know about the Shaw Brothers acquisition below. If you have any questions, you can find me at blog.FUNimation.com or shoot me an email at feedback@funimation.com. And don't forget to watch the trailer below. :wink:

Flower Mound, TX – January 4, 2010 – FUNimation® Entertainment announced today that it now has U.S. home video distribution rights to 15 live action films from Celestial Filmed Entertainment, Inc.®’s expansive film collection featuring films by those known as “the Kung Fu masters”: the Shaw Brothers

FUNimation will release “Sword of Swords”, “The Duel”, “The Lady Hermit” , “The 14 Amazons”, “Shaolin Hand Lock”, “Invincible Shaolin”, “Soul of the Sword”, “Life Gamble”, “Shaolin Rescuers”, “Shaolin Prince”, “Bastard Swordsman”, “Opium and The Kung Fu Master”, “The Supreme Swordsman”, “Return of Bastard Swordsman” and “Hong Kong Godfather”.

FUNimation Entertainment is bringing these films to DVD in 2010 and 2011.

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/01/2010-roll-out-riot-day-1-of-5-hong-kong-connection/

47PtCeREAhM

Why the re-release of Opium and the Kung fu Master? Hopefully they'll include the original dubbed on Life Gamble and I can't wait to finally see Hong Kong Godfather uncut and remastered.

Do Hong Kong Godfather first. It's at the top of everyone's want list, as it has never been released before. Cyrstal clear dvd is the cherry. Be smart, do that first.

Don't care about dubs or the rest as I bought them when they came out originally.

Nice trailer! Well, it'd be nice if we could get to Funimation and tell them to put these on blu-ray as well. BCI started to, so Funimation should pick it up as well. Plus, Funimation has released at least ONE live action blu-ray, with Ichi. *sigh* I'd LOVE to see The Duel in HD...

The short remastered clip shown of Hong Kong Godfather has me drooling..

Funi, now you just need to get To Kill a Master Mind.

• Administrator

My buddy bought it, so I saw the Red Sun DVD of HONG KONG GODFATHER (which IS cut) and it was VERY cool. I can't wait to get this!!! :bigsmile:

That trailer looks really good. It looks like they may be putting the correct feel into the launch of these movies and maybe marketing to the right people....us! :-).

Does anyone know if HK Godfathers is uncut & cantonese?

I got in touch with Funimation today. I'll be getting more answers later on next week (since it was Friday and close to closing), we did talk abut a bunch of stuff and I can say it should be Cantonese. :) I'll post more when I hear back from them next week.

I got in touch with Funimation today. I'll be getting more answers later on next week (since it was Friday and close to closing), we did talk abut a bunch of stuff and I can say it should be Cantonese. :) I'll post more when I hear back from them next week.

Nice! The boot doing the rounds is Mandarin & its cut for violence.

• Administrator
Nice! The boot doing the rounds is Mandarin & its cut for violence.

Even cut it was extremely violent, so uncut is going to be a bloodbath!

Archived