Had no idea that Black Ko starred in a Martial Art film.

IronMonkey415

IronMonkey415

Just watched Boxers Adventure on Netflix and was very surprise to see him doing all sorts of Martial Art move in the film.

I only know him as the villain in many Hong Kong triad film so this was very surprising to me..lol

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

And Shaolin Ex Monk being one of his worst..... oooh, that moptop still haunts me! Hard to imagine that he was one of the thai boxers in One Armed Boxer! These people have loooong careers! To bad he died so young.

Boxers Adventure is a super film, Blacky Ko is an amazing martial artist, and I love his relationship with his co-horts, Meng Fei as the ladies man and Jack Long, super with the "nancy boy" style. And baby venom Lung Tien Hsiang is a great bad guy!

Best of all, it is a lovely, clean, true widescreen copy, and there are so few of Meng Fei's films in good shape. Good choice!

post-1078-14419188689_thumb.jpg

Morgoth Bauglir
Hard to imagine that he was one of the thai boxers in One Armed Boxer! These people have loooong careers!

He also plays the same role in Return of the Chinese Boxer. Those Thai kickboxers are tough. I thought he died in One Armed Boxer!

... I only know him as the villain in many Hong Kong triad film so this was very surprising to me..lol

You need to visit "the 'ol skool" catalogue, my friend. You'll be surprised at who you'd find there.

:nerd:

Just watched Boxers Adventure on Netflix and was very surprise to see him doing all sorts of Martial Art move in the film.

I only know him as the villain in many Hong Kong triad film so this was very surprising to me..lol

o right i didn't know he did triad films lol not that i've seen may triad films anyway.

And here's why it may be confusing, Blacky Ko's stage name as a martial arts action star was "Yuan Lung".

I learned from SimonMW a while back that one of my favorites, "Hsiung Kuang" is actually Tony Leung Siu-Hung.

Could be the fact they used different names back then.

I think he was also Cylon Or, responsible for many of the great stunts and action scenes in Cinema City productions like ACES GO PLACES 2, THE KILLER and A BETTER TOMORROW 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
I think he was also Cylon Or, responsible for many of the great stunts and action scenes in Cinema City productions like ACES GO PLACES 2, THE KILLER and A BETTER TOMORROW 2

That's right.... his strangest alternate name ever! Sounds like a Klingon!

Archived