Showdown at the Cottonmill interviews

Guest Lei Kung

Guest Lei Kung

I finally watched this, the Rarescope release. Pretty good movie, great fights. Did anyone watched the interviews with Chi Kuan Chun's sidekick. I found it very entertaining. He starts by talking about how he had a wrist problem that prevented him from doing the advanced acrobatics at the Peking Opera school, then talked about being hit and kicked by the various stars he's worked with. He casually mentioned what a horrible person Tan Tao Liang's brother was and how he was dead now and then that another guy in the movie recently got drunk and was killed in a fight with a screwdriver. Eventually they just cut it off.

Guest killer meteor

Yeah, San Mao was murdered with a screwdriver. A pity

In this interview, I found the Jimmy Wang Yu anecdote about how he'd really hit the stuntmen when they couldn't keep up with him fascinating.

Cognoscente
On 2/28/2007 at 4:43 PM, Guest killer meteor said:

In this interview, I found the Jimmy Wang Yu anecdote about how he'd really hit the stuntmen when they couldn't keep up with him fascinating.

Ironically, Jim Kelly would also hit stuntmen for real but that actually killed his career.

On 2/28/2007 at 5:46 PM, Guest Tosh said:

I just can't believe how good Chi Kuan Chun looked, I mean the guy still looks in his twenties, someone cast him in a kung fu movie asap for christ sakes.

Before I saw what he looks like in recent times, I used to think that Ralph Macchio and Tom Cruise were the golden standard of preserving youth.

• Like 2