War Of The Shaolin Temple

Winfred

Also known as 13 Poles Of Shaolin, Dragon Jester is offering an unbelievable offer of "buy 1, free 1" for all its DVDs. That's US$2.67 for 2 DVDs! Picked up a few titles like Ghost Legend, Generation Consultant, Iron Monkey 2, 1 am but missed this one. Is it a good movie?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Alan Chui tearing up the screen as the villain, Chai Kai as the old master, and choreography on par with all the other great Taiwanese Shaolin flicks like shaolin vs lama, shaolin temple against lama, shaolin temple strikes back -- what more could you want?

Best of all, this movie handles the burning of the Shaolin Temple far better than other flicks like Shaolin Temple (Shaw Brothers) and the Blazing temple did. There's no anti-climatic ending with a bunch of soldiers just stabbing all the monks while only the lead stars (with hair) can defend themselves - here you have tit for tat stuff with chaos everywhere while both the monks and the attacking army go at it.

btw, I have the dragon Jester dvd... Visually, it's the best version of the film out there, with a clearer and wider picture than the others. On the negative side, it only has the Cantonese soundtrack, while the original soundtrack for the film is Mandarin.

hey i think i got 2 the dragon jester site...theyre in europe right? Im looking at the items I believe but it doesnt say they accept paypal...which kinda leaves me puzzled on how 2 pay for orders

Tempting. The quality of these Dragon Jester discs is so hit or miss though (mostly miss), but OTOH these are legitimate discs of hard to find titles. Can't pick them up quite as cheap online though.

Sorry guys but HAZ is right. The offer is only available at a shopping mall here at the Dragon Jester booth.

The lady in charge who wears an official Dragon Jester blouse says that they are clearing stocks.

You can find these Dragon Jester discs, online, at YesAsia (where, considering the typical quality of the discs, they're way over-priced at $14.99) and Sensasian where the price is a lot more reasonable ($7.99), though the shipping will probably bump it up to about $10.00+ a disc depending on how many discs are ordered.

I vaguely remember this movie.

I'm wondering what other movies have the same "tone, look, and feel" with the similar character as:

Ninja vs Shaolin, or Ninja challenges Shaolin, and Shaolin vs Lama ???

I vaguely remember this movie.

I'm wondering what other movies have the same "tone, look, and feel" with the similar character as:

Ninja vs Shaolin, or Ninja challenges Shaolin, and Shaolin vs Lama ???

Shaolin Temple Strikes Back, 5 fighters from Shaolin, Shaolin Temple Against Lama, Ninja hunter, the Unbeaten 28, and Raiders of Wu Tang.

Above average fu flick. Worth watching for Chia Kai alone as the drunken monk bartender teacher character.

I've been trying to remember that guy's name. I don't recall why I kept thinking he was Robert Tai. Great in "Seven Steps", too.

"War" is definitely worth your time. The only reason it wasn't a keeper for me is because I have "Strikes Back" and most of the others mentioned, and I can only keep so many similar films. And I wished Cheng Tien Chi and Chiang Sheng got to do more.

"WE MUST KILLLLL FOR JUSTI-I-I-ICE!"

Picked up the Dragon jester DVD even though the sale is over. Good colorful anamorphic print but the English subs are full of errors. Had a preview. Movie looks promising.

kungfusamurai

I've found a Malaysian online retailer. I'm just waiting to see how things turn out before I give it the recommendation (i.e. no horror stories). I've ordered a few titles, which with shipping, totals just over $6 US per disc.

KFS

thundered mantis

Hey kungfusamurai, which is the address of the retailer? I have gotten most of the Dragon Jesters I want, but still there are a couple I wanna buy

kungfusamurai
Hey kungfusamurai, which is the address of the retailer? I have gotten most of the Dragon Jesters I want, but still there are a couple I wanna buy

http://asiahomecd.com/

Knock yourself out. I didn't want to send everyone there, and then it turned out it was bogus. I mean, they only had a two digit order ID number, so I'm guessing they're new or don't get much business. It'll probably be a month before I get my stuff. I'll give you guys the heads up.

I found this clip on youtube. I'm assuming it's from the same DVD, but still squeezed anamorphically. Can anyone confirm this is the quality of the DVD version? Either way, a widescreen print will be nice.

KC7piqwiMj0

KFS

thundered mantis

Thanks man, will take a look. I already have the War of Shaolin Temple DJ disc, and it´s much wider than Taisengs, and better quality. Save my disc freezes and jumps in the final scene. Did a backup on a DVDr and the backup is free from the problem.

(And now I can´t find the original NOR the backup. Aaaaaargh!)

Sat through the movie with my friend and we were both very impressed by it. Who is the lead actor? Can't find any info on him.

kungfusamurai

I could be wrong, but his name could be Chen Kin Cheung. He's the same guy in the lead in Shaolin Temple Strikes Back, and that name appears in the credits in both films.

7cR10Bl7rBU

KFS

Archived