King of Kings- Damn Joseph Kuo is TOPS!!

Guest gfanikf

Guest gfanikf

Yeah just from what I've watched so far this may be one of the best damn swordplay films EVER. Its so ahead of its time in terms of camera techniques, cheroghraphy, use of real authentic chinese folk music, costumes, and use of real otudoor sets that are quite gorgeous. Damn man Joesph Kuo was really ahead of the curve (then again he was always a top director)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you on that one, This is one of the movies that got me into this genre. The fighters look like they really knew something and though not as elaborate and big budgeted as the Shaws that came out at the time- it holds it own. I looked decades for a copy and didn't land one until Falkor came up with an unsubtitled version and Chingdog had a chinese only subbed version. I'm looking forward to the Crash version which is probably the english/chinese subbed version I originally saw on the big screen.

Guest gfanikf

Its actually coming from Fusian Films. You can check the sticky thread above as I've posted caps of the film. It was once a theatrical print so it may have ACTUALLY been the one you saw :) .

Guest gfanikf

Wait but I thought you do tons of reviews at amazon or is that a different morgoth? If you want me to check, I can ask George at Inspired Distro what stores will be picking it up.

Guest morgoth

Sorry g, my computer isn't working for some reason and I couldn't respond. I would not call them reviews, it is more like Morgoth's blog. Though, I do surprise myself sometimes with good reviews. You don't have to buy movies for Amazon to review them, and I haven't bought any for a very long time.:(

BTW, I can't figure out computers so it may be a while before I respond.

But, I can respond for the next 15 minutes, just so you know.

Guest th33 lightning fists

Fusian is distributed (owned?) by the exercise DVD company Inspired, which is in places like Suncoast. If they use that distribution it stands to reason the Fusian DVDs should be able to follow them in there. Though in this business all too often nothing ever manages to stand to reason.

Guest morgoth

I only have a few places to shop for movies, but I will let it be known if I see them at Suncoast. It would be nice to see some legitimate DVD releases there.

Archived