The Bloody Fists questions

Guest shukocarl

Guest shukocarl

Hi, I wonder if anyone can answer the following:

1) Why the masked double for Chen Kuan Tai (obviously to get around his non-appearance for some scenes)

2) Where was it shot (I'm always intrigued by the locations in 70's Bashers)?

3) This is supposed to be the 1st Independent kung fu film...surely there were some before this (1972)?

4) How many combs does Chen Hsing break in a day:) ?

Cheers

Carl

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

According to the liner notes on my MIHK VHS of The Blood Brothers, Chen is doubled because he had to leave the production to honour his new Shaw contract

Chen Kuan Tai had been under contract for a couple of years at that point, he just was tired of being a part time player, and jumped at the chance to take off in a onscreen role with some meat to it. It was something he did throughout his career actually.They shot the fight sequences first because Ng See Yuen knew something would happen, and sure enough, the Shaws crashed the party. The movie was shot in HK, supposedly in the Shaws backyard more or less. It was the first independent kung fu film ie shot without studio backing OR a guaranteed theater run and then sold to a distributor. As a matter of fact, they had to do it that way, as if the Shaws found out what was going on, there's no chance they would have gotten anything done. As for combs, six. :)

I was wondering what the explanation was behind the obvious double for Chen Kuan Tai in the non-fighting sequences. Thanks for that.

Ninja Warlord aka Rage of Wind has a final battle on the beach with Chen Sing and Kurata.

Also...

The Super Kung Fu Kid

Kung Fu Hero

The Gold Snatchers

The Destroyer

those are right off the top of my head...:rolleyes:

Archived