Deadly Duo blu-ray officially announced

OldPangYau

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please be region free.

It probably will be... hell a lot of "Region A" blu-rays (at least American ones) seem to get classified later as being region free. Not sure if their DVDs have been R1 or R0. Never really checked though :tongue:

Of the first 10 releases, there are HD masters for:

The Brave Archer

Heroes Two

Challenge of the Masters

Martial Club

The Deadly Duo

Flag of Iron

This information came from a pdf available for download at celestial's website.

Guest Markgway

I'd be interested in picking up THE DEADLY DUO on Blu as well as HEROES TWO and FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS if they're due. Would probably pass on the others.

It probably will be... hell a lot of "Region A" blu-rays (at least American ones) seem to get classified later as being region free. Not sure if their DVDs have been R1 or R0. Never really checked though :tongue:

Yeah, that's true. Opium and the Kung Fu Master was region A, but it was playable (for other regions) via pressing the 'top menu' button on Blu Ray players/ps3''s.

Of the first 10 releases, there are HD masters for:

The Brave Archer

Heroes Two

Challenge of the Masters

Martial Club

The Deadly Duo

Flag of Iron

This information came from a pdf available for download at celestial's website.

Not bad, and with Five Element Ninjas apparently on there as well. It'd be great if they catch up enough so future releases can actually be "day and date" simultaneous on DVD and blu-ray... well, the ones that have HD masters at least.

So let's see, that means no blu-rays for Black Magic 2 (no surprise since it never even got an IVL DVD release), The Master (the non-anamorphic transfer seemed to have been a clue), or Ten Tiger of Kwangtung (eh... movie's all over the place anyway :tongue:). Then again, I guess it also depends on how well Deadly Duo sells before they make anymore blu-rays. Well, it's not one of my favorite Shaws, but I'm starting my BR SB collection and want to support MB to keep making them!

Archived