We've all forgotten somebody...

Guest falkor

Guest falkor

With all the props Crash and Fusian have been getting lately for their speedy transfers and releases of rare old school Swordplay films, which they quite thoroughly deserve, we've all forgotten about the man who made it possible: Dr. Rick B!

So big ups to Rick! Who'd have guessed his 60s Swordplay reels were so clean and complete? I am very grateful that Rick made his collection available, alerting all the collectors and companies through Fandom.

Again, I congratulate Crash and Fusian; the way they've capitalised on Rick's initiative would have to be one of the greatest triumpths in the history of the retail DVD kung scene!

> Quantity Item # Description Price Status

> -------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------

> 1 CRH004852 DVD : BROKEN SWORD $ 11.12 Avl 03/10

> 1 CRH004853 DVD : FLYING SWORDSGIRL, THE $ 11.12 Avl 03/10

> 1 CRH004858 DVD : KNIGHTS OF OLD CATHAY $ 11.12 Pre-order

> 1 CRH004864 DVD : BEAUTIFUL SWORDSWOMAN $ 11.12 Pre-order

> 1 CRH004865 DVD : SWORD, THE $ 11.12 Pre-order

> 1 CRH004866 DVD : IRON MISTRESS $ 11.12 Pre-order

> 1 CRH004867 DVD : BLOODY DUEL-LIFE & DEATH $ 11.12 Pre-order

> 1 CRH004868 DVD : SON OF SWORDSMAN $ 11.12 Pre-order

> 1 PPI005827 DVD : EIGHT IMMORTALS $ 5.99 Pre-order

> 1 PPI005838 DVD : KING OF KINGS $ 5.99 Avl 03/02

> 1 PPI005839 DVD : YOUNG AVENGERS, THE $ 5.99 Avl 03/02

> 1 PPI005845 DVD : WHIRLWIND KNIGHT $ 5.99 Pre-order

> 1 PPI005846 DVD : ABSURD BRAVE $ 5.99 Pre-order

> 1 PPI005847 DVD : BLOODY MASK $ 5.99 Pre-order

Thanks also to gfanikf for bringing all these releases to our attention. I am ecstatic, mate! In fact, I've not felt this way since Rarescope first came on the scene with Cotton Mill etc.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gfanikf

Thanks so much. I'm happy my caps were of help and made making a purchase easier. I hope others have enjoyed them too :)

Guest limubai2000

2 things...

Thanks Dr Rick!!! (and Falkor for pointing this out)

and

SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD

(sorry had to get that out of the system... :P )

Yep- it was a great effort all the way around. Dr. Rick B took the initiative to research a little bit more into what he found and the best way to dessiminate it

p081.ezboard.com/fkungfufandomfrm1.showMessage?topicID=10944.topic

Crash and Fusian took it from there and in just a little over half a year here we are with 4 titles already remastered, packaged and priced dirt cheap to boot, if you pardon the expression. I just picked up King of Kings and Young Avenger the other night. A half a year ago I would've never dreamt I would see an english subbed remastered dvd of King of Kings and here we are. They did a great job too considering what they probably had to work start off with.

Archived