Ninja (2009) - Your thoughts?

Karlos

ShaOW!linDude

Just got through watching NINJA.

I agree with Lionclaw. Did it meet my expectations? Yes and no. Was I expecting more? Oh yeah, absolutely. And I still can't stand the tactical looking, body armor ninja garb of Masazuki or Casey's fashionably padded satin with fishnet sleeves "traditional" look that would've been worn by Liberace.

Granted there were only really 2 ninjas in the movie (well, 3 counting the one at the beginning taking out the samurais by way of introduction to the art). But they did showcase what ninjitsu is truly about, at least the villain did. Infiltration, camouflage by way of assuming identities, the use of some classical weaponry (though they were really just showcased in a single instance at times).

I wish it would've had hordes of ninjas like NINJA ASSASSIN did but I really don't remember it touching those bases of the art like NINJA did.

And come on, daisho.....dude.....there was more that 5 minutes worth of ninja(s) in it. It have to have at least 10-15 minutes worth.:tongue: Aren't you being just a little harsh? Maybe? Just a little bit?

Man.....if it weren't so late I'd watch NINJA ASSASSIN again now. Guess I know what I'm doing next weekend.:xd:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah Ninja Assassin had a better story (minus the heart thing) and the training scenes where the stand out parts of the film. But Ninja just has that something to it that places it on a higher shelf then Ninja Assassin,In my opinion. I think it might be the more traditional sense and realistic combat and stunts that do it for me. I love both movies though.

See I cannot put Undisputed 2-3 in this same sentence, I enjoyed both of those movies, but we're talking about Ninja movies! And to me there was just so much wrong with Ninja from start to finish. I had to go back and look at my reivew of this movie and Man did I rip it apart! I had to laugh I didn't remember half of what I said.

See I cannot put Undisputed 2-3 in this same sentence, I enjoyed both of those movies, but we're talking about Ninja movies! And to me there was just so much wrong with Ninja from start to finish. I had to go back and look at my reivew of this movie and Man did I rip it apart! I had to laugh I didn't remember half of what I said.

I like how we turned this topic to another Ninja vs Ninja Assasain comparison. But, since we know next to nothing about Rage of the Tiger, who cares! Could you post a link to your Ninja review. I remember Mark Pollard putting up a credible review for it when it came out.

Archived