Best Lo Lieh roles, outside of Fist of the White Lotus

paimeifist

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
five fingers of death

executioners of shaolin

mad monkey kung fu

Yeah, I have seen and own Five Finger of Death and Mad Monkey Kung Fu.

I wasnt sure about the size of his role in Executioners have Shaolin, which is why I hadnt gotten it yet..

• Administrator
Yeah, I have seen and own Five Finger of Death and Mad Monkey Kung Fu.

I wasnt sure about the size of his role in Executioners have Shaolin, which is why I hadnt gotten it yet..

He's Pai Mei in the EXECUTIONERS OF SHAOLIN too! You've got to see it. He rocks in it. His role is probably slightly less than the one in FIST OF THE WHITE LOTUS.

Outside of his whitebrows roles inc Executioners, I'd say his single best performance is Human Lanterns.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot that one. I love HUMAN LANTERNS.

Though they're not martial arts roles, he's also great in KIDNAP, and BLACK MAGIC 1 and 2 too.

I agree with Fist of Fury Part II (Chinese Connection II). Nice long battle between him and Ho Chung Tao/Bruce Li in the finale... and one of the best "Bruceploitation" films overall to begin with.

Ironically, Lo Lieh played Bruce Lee's brother in Big Boss Part II, but this film has yet to see the light of day. We were supposedly THIS close to seeing it through Rarescope until the source who had the film print ran off... at least that's what I read a while back.

BlackLamaFaction

The Magic Blade (Without a doubt one of my favorite even though TI Lung was the better swordsman Lo Lieh has great presence.)

Killer from Above (I thought he was great as the anti-hero even though his kung fu was less than outstanding.)

Shaolin Abbot/Slice Of Death (I know he was playing Pai Mei here same as lotus but I thought he was excellent.)

Eighteen Jade Arhats (Although he was not the star he gave great support).

Heroes of the Wild/Shaolin (He was bad ass with the sword and easily wasted everyone at the end.)

The Smart Cavalier (Another white hair villain role, master of the sorrow and joy technique, wonderfully odd stuff)

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Human Lanterns

King Cat

Twelve Deadly Coins

King Boxer

One Armed Swordsmen

Dragon Missile

The Invincible Fist

The Thundering Sword w/Chang Yi

The Lady Hermit

The Flying Daggers

he's in so many good films. there are many more.

Here's some other greats...

Human Skin Lanterns

Kung Fu Arts aka Kung Fu: Monkey, Horse, Tiger

Born Invincible

Fatal Needles vs. Fatal Fists

Battle of Shaolin

Killer from Above

The Chinese Boxer

GREAT ACTOR

:16_003:

• Administrator

That a good movie. The government wasn't too pleased when Tsui Hark made it though. That subversive little filmmaker! :xd: Lo Lieh is great in it. But make sure you see this UNCUT as it was trimmed to pieces by the censors.

Archived