Wang Yu in prison for murder?

urbankungfu

Hello fellow collectors: Recently I met George Lazenby who happened to work with Wang Yu in "The Man From Hong Kong" and Lazenby told me that Wang Yu was in prison for murder. I heard he had ties with the mob but I really don't believe all I read until I have confirmation from a reliable source. I also spoke to lazenby about his supposed role in Bruce Lee's "Game of Death" which was quite interesting. Here is a photo of me and George:

http://www.urbankungfu.net/photo6.html

Peace and Brotherhood!

Hector Martinez

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• urbankungfu

• lillippa328

• HAZ

• Blood Sword

Jimmy was charged with murder back in 1981 but it was dropped due to a lack of evidence. Related to the Shan Mao incident that was briefly mentioned on here?

The other Wang Yu is dead I think.

are we talking Wang Yu or Jimmy Wang Yu?

Yes, Wang Yu died last year after many years of drug addiction. The news was broken by his brother-in-law, the action director Ching Siu Tung.

odioustrident

urbankungfu,

Were you doing a show called Jade Cinema (something like that?) on Manhattan public access? I haven't seen it recently but I remember enjoying the show and being so happy, as a younger guy, to be able to watch something kung fu related from a tv signal.

Greetings friends - Please understand that I'm only relating the info that was given to me by George Lazenby himself. I'm a huge fan of Wang Yu and have just about every film he did available on home video. It's been years since I heard any news about "Jimmy Wang Yu" so imagine the shock when I sat to talk to Lazenby about his work in "The Man From Hong Kong" and then he DROPPED THE BOMB about Wang Yu being in jail!

Weither it's true or not I cannot say but this info did come from George Lazenby. I will be working on a new cable show coming soon. It is called the "Jade Cinema" and should air in late December on public access in Manhattan.

My apologies if I have stirred up any controversial issues. I'm just providing info as a fan to a fan.

Peace!

Hector Martinez

It's been years since I heard any news about "Jimmy Wang Yu" so imagine the shock when I sat to talk to Lazenby about his work in "The Man From Hong Kong" and then he DROPPED THE BOMB about Wang Yu being in jail!

Hector - When (what year) did this conversation occur? I'm sure he wasn't referring to Wang Yu's 1981 murder charge.

Perhaps he is speaking of the more recent incident in 2007 involving the death of Taiwan boss Chen_Chi-li?

Here are two articles from 2007 about Jimmy and the KMT:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2007/10/17/2003383531

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=540350&lang=eng_news&cate_img=49.jpg&cate_rss=news_Society_TAIWAN

Hi Teako - Fascinating article, thank you. I met George Lazenby October 31st of this year.

Thank you for posting the articles.

Hector Martinez