Kara Hui Ying Hung

Winfred

Congratulations to Kara for winning the best supporting actress award at the Golden Horse awards which I am watching now live. It's a great comeback!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pic and awesome news for Kara Hui. She always seemed like a natural back in her Shaw days....just needed the right script and director to show it!!

Also great to see Sammo getting some love for his awesome choreography as well.

Damn, Sin must be fucking ugly.

Thems fightin words round here son:neutral:

There's definitely prettier Asian women, but they can't kick ass like Kara, and that makes her sexy as hell:khi6i:

TibetanWhiteCrane

look at the poor guys avatar, that pretty much says it all!

I don't find her attractive as such, but im not gonna trash her either!

A friend took a picture with her at a HK Awards Ceremony in the last couple of years. Maybe it was lighing & such, but she looked like she was in her early 30's. It's crazy to look at. I didn't think it was her because she looked so young. He joked "that's my girlfriend" & I said that she looked just like Kara Hui when she was young!

• Administrator
Congratulations to Kara for winning the best actress award from the Hong Kong Film Critic Society on 12 Jan 10.

Awesome news! She had some lean, tough years for a good stretch there. Maybe this will help her get some more good roles. Though there aren't many well written parts for mature ladies in Hong Kong cinema.

During her lean tough years, she almost killed herself. This is a lesson to all of us not to give up during trials and tribulations.

• Administrator
Why lean tough years? What's she been through/happened to her?

Once Shaw Brothers closed, she didn't have much work, and she had a hard time dealing with it psychologically. Remember, she was just a kid when she started at Shaw's- I think she was 17 or 18 in MY YOUNG AUNTIE- and fame can do weird things to you. I saw her talk about all this in an interview, but I'm not sure where. Perhaps on the Dragon Dynasty DVD of MYA? Can anyone confirm this for Peringaten, or even provide a Youtube link?

Archived