What laptop movie program makes celestials look the best?

Sandpalm79

Im trying to figure out which player will make the celestials look the best. Power dvd has a feature called true theater. which enhances colors but makes everything look to "camcorder" like. If you turn this feature off, then it looks much less vibrant than even my Tv. So i tried windows media player, which looks OK but the volume is very low on this player! I feel i cant win! ( also both of these look much less vibrant than the tv color wise and contrast which doesnt make sense considering there is much higher resolution)

Any other movie program that you guys use that you can reccomend? maybe divx? i want something that will make the movies look as colorful and sharp as possible. thanks a lot!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try out Windvd or ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre... :) I use them both on my laptop and am quite happy.

awesome man. ill look into it!

Try out Windvd or ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre... :) I use them both on my laptop and am quite happy.

ah crap.. these are quite expensive..

anyone know any good freeware that is possibly better than powerdvd?

Best free solution would be to download the combined community codec pack and use media player classic that comes with it. VLC works well but looks like arse.

You can also try ALShow, as it lets you adjust brightness, capture audio & video.etc

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/alshow/alshow.html

thanks man! hopefully itll look good on my screen!

anyone else notice power dvd doesnt look that great? i had a celestial running on my laptop and on tv and compared and the computer looked really grey colorwise!

thanks man! hopefully itll look good on my screen!

anyone else notice power dvd doesnt look that great? i had a celestial running on my laptop and on tv and compared and the computer looked really grey colorwise!

i cant win! haha alshow wont play my masked avengers.. grrr

http://www.altools.com/Forums/Topic/Message.aspx?forumIdx=5&topicIdx=3470

Archived